Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

The work xmas party!

nunowoolmeznunowoolmez Posts: 865
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
It's that time of year again folks when we all drink too much & in some cases, say too much. Our team had ours the other day & i apparently got absurdly upset because i didn't know where my coat was & then declared my love to someone i really shouldn't have.

Just wondering what other comedy/tragic tales you have to share...don't be shy!

• kev77kev77 Posts: 433
    Have mine this saturday in chester, massive christmas shebang.

I have warned the misses to watch her alchohol intake as well as my own, so fingers crossed we will be behaved!
  • cougiecougie Posts: 22,512
    Company cancelled our Xmas do with a weeks notice - so no hangover for me. Thanks company - you really DO care !
  • GiantMikeGiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I've got mine next Thursday. Not looking forward to it. Cougie, get your censored to Preston and you can go as me if you like, but be aware I work with a bunch of [email protected]
  • Game on for me next week, can't wait. I'm a proper lightweight and usually get smashed after four pints. Will be a cheap night out anyway!
  • TheStoneTheStone Posts: 2,291
    Mine's tonight, but we go out drinking most nights, so it's just a slightly different version of that.
    exercise.png
  • It's down to the blokes to organise their own xmas do's at our place, so we don't bother, the last thing I need is some p1ssed up welder telling me how much they love me one minute, then several drinks later wanting to have a fight with me or whoever it may concern. :roll:

I'll settle for a few drinks with proper close mates, those who I cycle with, watch football with, drink with at a weekend.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ProssPross Posts: 34,789
    Got mine next Friday, all male office and only 6 of us so not too much danger - just got to behave when we end up in the Fantasy Lounge!
  • davieseedaviesee Posts: 6,386
    Had ours last week.
    50 people - 4 Grand.
    80 quid a head and the food was only 25.
    Following on from there was a suspected one fight (fell down some stairs, honest) and a few guys thrown out and barred from a "gentlemans" club.
    Good night out with the boss picking up the tab. Sweet!
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • I love Christmas with the family; The Works Xmas night out I haven`t done for years............it`s full of people from work!!!
  • il_principeil_principe Posts: 9,152
    Looking forward to ours - we're off to Paris for lunch via the Eurostar (1st class 'natch). Apparently we even get spending money thrown in...

Win.
    2015 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX
    2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
    2020 Canyon Inflite SL 7
    On the Strand
    Crown Stables
  • fossyantfossyant Posts: 2,549
    Just out with a few close colleagues for a meal. Can't be bothered with the bigger 'do' - pain in the censored getting home at this time of year, and it means a public transport day - nah !
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 65,326 Lives Here
    Worst. Day. Of. The. Year.
  • nevmannevman Posts: 1,611
    Being off work is sh*te because

11. Xmas Party for one.

quit with your jibber jabber and get out and enjoy yourselves.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • rozzer32rozzer32 Posts: 3,683
    I have mine tonight as well, I'm sure there will be plenty of ale flowing :)
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • heavy night oout ended up getting jiggy with the Admin manager who was seperated from her husband but lived in same house. She 43 - me 22. It involved a back lane and Greggs the bakers.

The gold old days of being single eh.

She paid for weekend trips and everything for a while after that. Her daughter was same age as me.
  • sheffsimonsheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    Next Friday night for me. Standard stuff, pub crawl round Sheff, then club/curry.

Then another on 29th in Donny, daytime pub crawl, which I think is better, then last train home to Sheff in a tangle. :)
  • Had ours last month. For an office which shut down four years ago, it is rather nice that we still want to keep in touch.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • ScrumpleScrumple Posts: 2,665
    A few beers, then I always end up in here every year....

DogHouse.jpg
  • anto164anto164 Posts: 3,500
    I didn't go to ours..

I don't really know many people, and even though it'd be a good way to meet people, it would've just been awkward.
  • iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I never go these days as I don't enjoy them. And I've got enough a-hole in me to refuse to attend. Lots of people tell me they don't want to go but don't have it in them to decline.

Funniest story (from one I did go to years / companies ago) was when a very attractive female trader asked one of the guys I knew if he'd like to go back to her hotel room because she "fancied a bit of rough". He declined.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • GazzaputtGazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I've 2 places I work and been invited to both xmas dos. Declined the 1st as firstly I can't really stand the people there and 2nd it's at a censored location.

2nd more up my street all 'blue collar'. Booked the next day off think it'll be a messy night.