Hammerschmidt AM fitting.

MarkHod1
MarkHod1 Posts: 21
edited December 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi Can someone tell if you can fit an hammerschmidt AM to a frame without ISCG tags? I am building up a 140mm frame that doesn't have iscg tabs. Also a purely theorical question. Is it possible to run a hammerschmidt up front with a alfine hubgear outback? has anyone tried it? if so how did it work? good bad?
Thanks for any replies.
Mark :D

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    some people have with an ISCG adaptor. BUT as it uses the mount to act a a staitionary part of the gearbox there is quite a bit of force put into it. So the adaptor will have to be well, VERY well secured.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    see one i fitted before

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12729237
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Cool thanks. I checked out the link. I get the impression it has be done exactly right or you're asking for trouble
    , big expensive trouble. Could you give me an update on how it's running? is it worth the money(and risk?) over a double and bashguard?
    thanks
  • nicklouse
    the way they did the cable outlet could have been better it could have been better.

better clearance but that is it really.