Innocuous Hills That You Hate?

2»

Comments

• wakou
    wakou Posts: 165
    I thought it was just me, I live near a river and cross it on my way to work, on the other side there is an incline, less than 100m long, but at 6AM just got up and legs not yet awake, it is a b*gger. it is only the other commuters, old ladies etc on BSO's and loaded shoppers that stop me getting off and pushing.
    "I had righteous got my wheel backmost from a fettlin' at the LBS and was hunt transport to equitation it. As it was Refrigerated in the AM......"
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    MingMong wrote:
    sfichele wrote:
    The first 5K out of Sheffield alone the A57. Its a false flat. It gains around 200m by the time you get to the Strines, but it doesn't look like a climb. Really grinds you down

I remember it well from my undergraduate days in Sheffield. Between Rivelin Valley Post Office and Hollow Meadows (where just to rub it in the landscape was pretty bleak too) that road seemed to drag on for an eternity!

David

+2

The steady pull to the Strines is an ache.

Oh, and just to add - the road up from Malin Bridge through Rivelin Valley to the A57 was, although not very steep, also not much fun. :(

David

That whole road is a racetrack from Malin Bridge to Moscar. One to avoid when there are much better routes out to into the Peak.
  • berliner
    berliner Posts: 340
    Lothersdale - not that innocuous but I always struggle on it.

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=334121
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    A57 Westbound climbing out of Glossop towards Hattersley - not steep, but just drags and gets steeper as you climb it - just shattering after a long/hard ride. The 5 miles home after that are a breeze.