Bike shops in Surrey

kinggareth
kinggareth Posts: 40
edited December 2011 in MTB general
I'm after some decent gear for riding in, shorts/pants/tops/jackets but all the stores near me seem to have such a poor selection. Sure i see nice stuff on CRC and other online stores, but really i want to try it on before buying it.

Does anyone know of any cycle shops in or around Surrey with a good selection of mtb clothing?

Comments

• There is cycleworks (www.cycleworks.co.uk) in Guildford, haslemere, Petersfield and Leatherhead.
    Very good bunch of guys.
  • Beyond Mountain Bikes in Cranleigh have a pretty good stock of bikes and clothing.

http://www.beyondmountainbikes.com/
  • Great, i'll give both those stores a go - I'm fed up riding around in an uncomfortable pair of oakleys and a cagoule!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nirvana Cycles in Westcott.

Head for the Hills in Dorking.

Those are two are pretty good, based near the Surrey Hills so tend to stock MTB stuff not just commuter stuff like Evans do. They do a good range of bikes, let you demo on real trails not car parks, are involved in the local "scene" and do local rides. Can't say I've looked at their clothing range though so not sure how good they are.

Heard bad things about Cycleworks Guildford. Rarely been in there myself but stock seemed limited and high prices.

As always I'll add a plug for Pedal & Spoke in Peaslake as a favourite of mine, but it's a tiny shop and small range. Some Troy Lee clothing. Great friendly shop though even just to go in for a chat, advice or help if you're stuck and need a quick fix in the hills. Also helpful for relieving your bank balance if one of their bikes takes your fancy ;). A place to visit if you're out there on a ride.

Don't need to buy from bike shops though. Got my jacket from TK Maxx ! Dirt cheap, lightweight, showerproof and breathable.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    Where in Surrey? Was at the Cycle Surgery in Chertsey the other day - part of the Snow and Rock shop.

Decent selection there.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    variflex wrote:
    There is cycleworks (http://www.cycleworks.co.uk) in Guildford, haslemere, Petersfield and Leatherhead.
    Very good bunch of guys.

Great for bikes but f***ing expensive for anything else. They are my LBS, so I prefer to support them, but not when they charge twice the price of online and wont match.

Personally I would take the merlin or crc best deals printed out or on a smart phone in to a branch of evans (lots in surrey) and ask them to do price match, which they will.
  • Ghostt
    Ghostt Posts: 192
    East St Cycles in Farnham have a lot in. There website is shoot but pop in if you can.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot