The Games of Shame...

Cressers
Cressers Posts: 1,329
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket

Comments

• The Olympics is a load of overblown sh*t. It certainly doesn't warrant the spending of billions of pounds. Especially the pounds that belong to me.

*just sayin
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    The Olympics is a load of overblown sh*t. It certainly doesn't warrant the spending of billions of pounds. Especially the pounds that belong to me.

*just sayin

Hey 'Lad

Seb Coe just called. You can have your £2.81 back if you like (subject to the usual handling fee).
  • GiantMike wrote:
    The Olympics is a load of overblown sh*t. It certainly doesn't warrant the spending of billions of pounds. Especially the pounds that belong to me.

*just sayin

Hey 'Lad

Seb Coe just called. You can have your £2.81 back if you like (subject to the usual handling fee).

That tight'wod mr robotic useless sh*te wouldn't even be willing to part with that. He couldn't even be arsed to ask the NT if he could use Box Hill. :wink:
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282

*just sayin

Got to agree.

Love the sports, but the whole thing is totally w*nked up by all the surrounding sh1te/freeloaders/general waste.
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    Nods head in agreement
  • The story was Cameron authorised the extra cash after seeing the plans for the opening ceremony. Makes me wonder what exactly it was he saw and how bad it was!
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    The story was Cameron authorised the extra cash after seeing the plans for the opening ceremony. Makes me wonder what exactly it was he saw and how bad it was!
    I've been known to shake a leg on a dancefloor. I might just get my application in for one of those "must have rhythm" spots. :)
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    The story was Cameron authorised the extra cash after seeing the plans for the opening ceremony. Makes me wonder what exactly it was he saw and how bad it was!

Jedward_1531117c.jpg
  • *AL* wrote:

Jedward_1531117c.jpg

F*ck!, thank god for the extra £40million. :shock:
  • I hope to avoid it as much as possible, my sympathy to those in London whose life will be made a misery throughout (most of them). I lost interest 'round about the Atlanta one. We had a finalist in the 100M and the BBC commentator didn't even mention her. It turned out, I discussed it with her mum, that she was not part of the 'chosen' favoured few.

All this effort is directed to selling stuff I do not wish to buy. With any luck the roads will be quiet.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548

All this effort is directed to selling stuff I do not wish to buy. With any luck the roads will be quiet.

Depending on where you are heading, you might be in luck. But at some extraordinary cost.

Anyone know what the lasting legacy from this £10bn jamboree is going to be?

-Spider-
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I'll be working from home for two weeks. And my better half was about to apply for another job yesterday... until she saw that the office would be located "next to the planned Olympic stadium". This was listed in the job description rather like a USP.

Imagine trying to get to work and back every day, surrounded by fat yanks in elasticated jeans/US Navy baseball caps/massive white trainers and our generally self-awareness-lacking continental friends.

F***ing nightmare.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Cressers

That was the spin, in the same way that Blair was supposed to have decided by himself that bikes were to be fitted with bells and every school was to have a school uniform, and that the well-known structural engineer Gordon Brown decided that all the bridges in Cumbria werre to be inspected after the '09 floods.

When prime ministers start acting like dictators then you know the despotic rot has set in...
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    I'll be working from home for two weeks. And my better half was about to apply for another job yesterday... until she saw that the office would be located "next to the planned Olympic stadium". This was listed in the job description rather like a USP.

Imagine trying to get to work and back every day, surrounded by fat yanks in elasticated jeans/US Navy baseball caps/massive white trainers and our generally self-awareness-lacking continental friends.

F***ing nightmare.

:lol: Too true, Too true.
  • Cressers
    Or being searched numerous times by the black-clad storm troopers...
  • Ben6899
    Cressers wrote:
    Or being searched numerous times by the black-clad storm troopers...

Far more preferable than Bill from Idaho* breathing through his mouth and talking loudly on the tube. And Pablo staring suggestively at the female commuters.

*he and the rest of his group will have name badges, for sure.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Ben6899 wrote:

F***ing nightmare.

I must admit that it's a very valid, succinct and well made point you make there, however it would make a difference from all the British fatties in their cheap hoodies, tracky bottoms and fake market Ugg boots clogging up our streets (if they manage to change from their pyjamas and shift their arrrzes away from Daytime TV and trying to be famous and marry a footballer that is).

Multi-culturism and all that. It is 2011 after all.

Hopefully the tourists won't sit in the tube shouting racist abuse and foul language at everyone either before getting slaughtered and making a pig's ear of themselves at kicking out time.

Here's hoping guys!
  • Ben6899
    Although I DO think it'll be a nightmare for two weeks, there was some tongue-in-cheek prose in my posts. And as it happens I would much rather share my journey to work with tourists than workshy benefit tossers. But the lack of PT etiquette shown by some sections of society is very annoying.
    Ben

• There are few more sports-mad countries than Australia (well N Z obv.) but even Sydney has some under-employed stadia following their Games and don't even think about Athens! There will be plenty of dodgy arenas plus a property speculator's housing estate to adorn East London. You lucky people!
    The older I get the faster I was
  • I see they've stated announcing the names of the people who are to relay the torch around the British Isles.

So the organisers can say they've given all a chance to be "part of the olympic experience". Condescending pr1cks.

Pity the "olympic experience" wasn't shared around the country in an even handed way with regard where various events are staged.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.