What bib tights

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
I don't expect there are many here that can comment on this, but I'm looking for some wind proof / wind stopper thermal bib tights that will fit the larger gentleman. Challenge is for the waist size (40") to work without the leg length (30" inside leg) being impossibly long. I currently have a pair of non bib polaris vortex which are fine, one option would be to get bib version of these but not over pleased with quality. Another option might be some 3/4 windstopper thermals with something (suggestion please) to cover the ankles. Any suggestions welcome.
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Which... :wink:
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Sketchley wrote:
    I don't expect there are many here that can comment on this, but I'm looking for some wind proof / wind stopper thermal bib tights that will fit the larger gentleman. Challenge is for the waist size (40") to work without the leg length (30" inside leg) being impossibly long. I currently have a pair of non bib polaris vortex which are fine, one option would be to get bib version of these but not over pleased with quality. Another option might be some 3/4 windstopper thermals with something (suggestion please) to cover the ankles. Any suggestions welcome.

I used the ShuttVR Winter Roubaix bibs last year. Really really comfy, but the stitching started to come loose at the groin.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    if you got some XXL 3/4s and then wore high neoprene overshoes I wonder if that would be enough to prevent skin exposure...?
    Long socks too - you could get the cool tartan ones that some of the couriers wear.
  • Some XXXL Assos Winter tights and a pair of scissors?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH