Pyrenees Guided Cycling Tours

Grifteruk
Grifteruk Posts: 244
HI all,

Having decided that Etape II is going to be too much of a logistical nightmare as I have a wedding the day after, I have decided instead to look into a guided tour of the pyrenees instead.

As I will probably be going alone (the rest of my club mates are doing Etape II), i am looking to find a suitable holiday which provides guided routes as part of a group. I have seen a few organisors on the web, but cant yet decide on the various options.

Any tips anyone? :)

PS: This means I will probably have an Etape II entry going begging.

Comments

• I went with 'pyractif' last year and would highly recommend them . Everything was spot on (including the weather , but that is probably not down to them ) I went with a mate but some some of our group were on their own and the group soon integrated so being a singleton didn't make any difference to those chaps.
    I haven't used any other companies so have nothing to compare to but of our group most were had been with chris and helen before and had come back for more.

cheers Bob
  • Cheers Bob I will give them a second look, I had a look at them earlier today and saw a few options which looked good.
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    It's my own company so clearly I am biased 8) but Le Domestique Tours is well worth a look http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk - we currently have dates available in May, June and July at the moment and have lots of bookings from Bikeradar users! Drop me a pm or contact us through the site for more details..

Cheers

Rob
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    cant recommend Marmot highly enough...

not sure what options they have available and they may be quite booked up by now, but great people to do this with.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    I was in the Pyrenees in June this year and when planning the trip I had contacted Pyractif.
    Chris was great and made the trip sound ideal but ultimately I went with Paddy at www.velopeloton.com
    The reason being that because I didn't have many miles in my legs, Velopeloton were ideally based.
    Only about 15kms or so to the foot of the Tourmalet.
    I knew I wanted to do the Tourmalet, Luz Ardiden, Aubisque, Hautacam etc and they weren't far away.
    As Pyractif are further east, it would've meant more miles that I might not have managed.
    Velopeloton are based in a beautiful little village and they're only 30 mins or so from Lourdes airport.