2011 stumpjumper comp fork spacer? + fox antifreeze gloves

bennett_346
bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
edited December 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey, anyone know if the stumpjumper comp 2011, with the rockshox revelation dual air forks comes with a spacer that can be removed to up the travel from 140 to 150mm? Is there any way i can check without dissasembling the forks entirely?

Also on a different note, i bought some fox antifreeze which supposedly have removable inners but mine seem to be stitched in at the fingertips. Any ideas on that?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Ask Spesh or open the fork.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bennett_346
    I have sent specialized uk an email regarding this, i was just wondering if anyone else had done this to theirs while im waiting for their response. How would it affect the dual air setup? Would it work in exactly the same way as it would at 140 but just with 10mm more travel?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yep, 10mm more travel, works the same way. But you need to open the forks up as some OE models are 140mm max.
  • bennett_346
    supersonic wrote:
    Yep, 10mm more travel, works the same way. But you need to open the forks up as some OE models are 140mm max.
    Thanks for the reply. It's more a thing of curiouscity than actually wanting to change it, otherwise i would just open it up and look, so unless specialized cant tell me, i won't be opening it up until it's due for a service.