First Snowy Commute

Blue Meanie
Blue Meanie Posts: 495
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Am I prepared - err, No!

Did I buy those super warm longs that I coveted so much? - No
Did I buy tyres? - Well actually yes! But I can pick them up until next week
Am I spending the next ten minutes franticaly swapping lights over - Actually, I writing stuff on the internet.
FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc

Comments

• Just had a slight flurry here, and that's at sea-level. I reckon there may be quite a bit on the higher ground soon.
  • Just had a slight flurry here, and that's at sea-level. I reckon there may be quite a bit on the higher ground soon.

Snowing here still - less than an inch settled though.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Not looking forward to the snowy and icy commutes this year. Last year I used my mountain bike with studded tyres, and had no problems. This year I'll be on my Brompton with tiny 16" wheels and no studs. I think I'll be off a few times before spring...
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Agent57 wrote:
    Not looking forward to the snowy and icy commutes this year. Last year I used my mountain bike with studded tyres, and had no problems. This year I'll be on my Brompton with tiny 16" wheels and no studs. I think I'll be off a few times before spring...
    No, this is good. It's much easier to fall, I mean step, off a folder. If it slides out from under you just step off it and act nonchalant as though it was all part of your master plan. Admittedly the ground may be slippery so do a little pirhouette and make it look like you meant it.
  • Missed out on my first proper test of the Marathon Winters this morning as I'm not in work today. 2 inches of snow/ice - would have been ideal - looks like the cold forecast will mean plenty of compacted snow/ice later in the week.