Recommend me a pub for Sunday Roast in central London :)

nich
nich Posts: 888
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Hola!

Looking for a nice pub that will do a decent size Sunday Roast, ideally around London Bridge area, but doesn't matter too much.

Any ideas?

Comments

• nich
    And nothing too fancy or expensive...just a good ole Sunday Roast with yorkshire pudding and gravy mmm
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Can't remember whether it's open on a Sunday or not, but the Royal Oak on Tabard Street near Borough station is brilliant for beer and roasts. Best ring to check they're open, though.
  • nich
    Ah that's one on my list to checkout :))

The best ones I've been to lately are the Toby Carvery's, but they are a bit far away..but so good!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Central central? Zone 1?

How about the Pontefract Castle on Wigmore Street? They do what looks like nice food although I cannot make any personal guarantees.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Not too far away, but try The Anchor and Hope on The Cut between Waterloo and Blackfriars. It's all about the food and sunday lunch is the only time you can book.

I love the place.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Anchor and Hope.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Asprilla wrote:
    Not too far away, but try The Anchor and Hope on The Cut between Waterloo and Blackfriars. It's all about the food and sunday lunch is the only time you can book.

I love the place.

Yeah I've had fantastic food at the Anchor & Hope, although never had Sunday lunch there...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.