Bibs on top of a jersey...

medoramas
medoramas Posts: 202
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
I overtook a guy on my way home. He was in his 50s, on nice old school road bike. He had his full bibs worn on top of his long sleeve jersey... Is it actually legal? :-\

It looked more obscure then the guy ONLY wearing bibs and spd shoes I saw last Summer...

Comments

• bunter
    bunter Posts: 327
    Bibs are very comfy but they look WRONG. No one should ever know you are wearing them... At work I get the p1ss taken for my 'onesie'
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    :shock:
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    medoramas wrote:
    I overtook a guy on my way home. He was in his 50s, on nice old school road bike. He had his full bibs worn on top of his long sleeve jersey... Is it actually legal? :-\

It looked more obscure then the guy ONLY wearing bibs and spd shoes I saw last Summer...

No, it wasn't me. I don't get overtaken...........often. :lol:
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    bunter wrote:
    Bibs are very comfy but they look WRONG. No one should ever know you are wearing them... At work I get the p1ss taken for my 'onesie'

hey not as bad as someone at my old ambulance service job calling them my 'giant granny pants' :(
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I look like a wrestler from Itv world of sport back in 80's in mine..... do I care, no. Bibs over jersey is just wrong though
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Sketchley wrote:
    I look like a wrestler from Itv world of sport back in 80's in mine...

big1983.jpg
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • sketchley
    big-fat-men-pictures-wrestlers.jpg
    --
    Chris

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Saw at least 3 people in San Francisco wearing bibs without a jersey

...... so wrong
    exercise.png
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    ....Although I have to say, wearing bibs over the jersey makes sense when it comes to stopping for a pee...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    bassie-en-adriaan-545x306.jpg
    For all the Dutch readers, bibs over the shirt :D
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • My girlfrend literally cried with laughter when she first saw me in a bib. She nows asks me if i need my mankini washed.
  • walkingbootweather
    walkingbootweather Posts: 2,443
    edited December 2011
    medoramas wrote:

It's a good look for the ladies though :wink:

p227_t_fi13_lady_s5_white_41.jpg
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Libraio wrote:
    bassie-en-adriaan-545x306.jpg
    For all the Dutch readers, bibs over the shirt :D
    Jesus christ, are they still going?!

Happy Sinterklaas, btw!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    notsoblue wrote:

Happy Sinterklaas, btw!

Took your time. It's almost 3pm!

Pfft.

sinterklaas.jpg

Leuk zeg.
  • notsoblue
    Explaining Sinterklaas to people who didn't grow up with it is one of my favourite things to do...
  • rick_chasey
    notsoblue wrote:
    Explaining Sinterklaas to people who didn't grow up with it is one of my favourite things to do...
    Did you grow up with it?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue wrote:
    Did you grow up with it?
    Kinda, lived there from 7-16. I was young at the time, but the first time my (mixed race) family saw Sint riding into town accompanied by his Pieten was apparently quite an eye-opener!
  • rick_chasey
    notsoblue wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    Did you grow up with it?
    Kinda, lived there from 7-16. I was young at the time, but the first time my (mixed race) family saw Sint riding into town accompanied by his Pieten was apparently quite an eye-opener!

Ha, where abouts?
  • sketchley
    --
    Chris

• notsoblue
    notsoblue wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    Did you grow up with it?

Ha, where abouts?
    Near Den Haag. You?
  • rick_chasey
    Born in Heerenveen.

I Know Den Haag the best - Archipelbuurt - 'rents have a place there and spend a lot of time there.

Never lived there though...
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    medoramas wrote:

Some Ladies! Granted that one and the one from the Cipollini ads look great but if Thora Hurd rode, probably not so much :lol:
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Coach H wrote:
    medoramas wrote:

Some Ladies! Granted that one and the one from the Cipollini ads look great but if Thora Hurd rode, probably not so much :lol:

I dunno, If Thora Hurd was still with us, she could probably tuck everything into her shorts...
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • The first rule of the bibshort is no-one should know you're wearing them.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    notsoblue wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    Did you grow up with it?

Ha, where abouts?
    Near Den Haag. You?

Near Den Haag, good one. Never ever admit you lived in Zoetermeer :lol: . The only people who get Sinterklaas are the Belgians and they don't really get it. Bassie and Adriaan not going strong anymore though, they got into a big fight about money or something. You can get a ringtone with Bassie going "Adriaantje, teringleijerrrrrrr"! pretty funny, but only once.
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    saw this guy on an MTB event a few years ago.

17.jpg

In fairness he was doing it for a laugh
    FCN = 4