Another one down, RIP

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,773
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Just seen this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16002888
No idea of the circumstances and don't know the area. Sad news, sorry to hear it, thoughts and condolences to all that knew her.

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Very sad. 16 deaths in London, not good.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    :( Certainly makes you think! Really sad.
  • I was cycling past there what must have been 2mins or less after the accident.

I have been trying to put it out of my mind but I will never forget what I saw it was a truly harrowing scene.

TfL needs to sort out Tower Bridge Road and the roads that lead onto it. She is neither the first and nor will she be the last unless they do something about it.

RIP
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    RIP.

Careful out there, chaps.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    cjcp wrote:
    RIP.

+1

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    cjcp wrote:
    RIP.

No truer words.
  • I was cycling past there what must have been 2mins or less after the accident.

I have been trying to put it out of my mind but I will never forget what I saw it was a truly harrowing scene.

TfL needs to sort out Tower Bridge Road and the roads that lead onto it. She is neither the first and nor will she be the last unless they do something about it.

RIP

RIP. It's not a good junction. There's a little more info on here, including that the driver had been held by police. We shouldn't speculate but I would like to know what kind of lorry it was, simply so we can spot developing patterns.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5700