Tights over socks or socks over tights?

pst88
pst88 Posts: 621
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Now that it's approaching tights season the age old question needs to be answered. Do you tuck your tights into your socks or wear your tights over your socks?
Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010

Comments

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    Second poll needed to discover what the 'Socks over tights' people normally do with their underwear.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin wrote:
    Second poll needed to discover what the 'Socks over tights' people normally do with their underwear.

Not wear them on their feet?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    pangolin wrote:

Err, you must get very cold feet, Kieran.. :roll:
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Well I accidentally blundered into a socks over tights situation. It was the first time I wore tights to work yesterday and I wasn't really thinking and just put the tights on straight after my bibshorts without pausing to put socks on in between (you should never put socks on before pants/lycra shorts, right?). By this time it was too late so I just put the socks on over the top. I thought it looked pretty weird so wondered what other people do. I suppose if you're wearing tights you can't be too bothered about looking weird! Gonna try the socks under the tights next to see how I like it.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Socks over tights for me, but I do roll/fold the socks down a little if they're long ones.

Obviously around the house I go for no socks, but then I'm wearing a different kind of tights :wink:
  • notsoblue wrote:
    pangolin wrote:

Err, you must get very cold feet, Kieran.. :roll:

I don't wear underpants on my feet.....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Socks over tights for me.

Mainly so the tights don't ride up tbh.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Socks over tights. The higher the contrast, the better. So white Asos over black Craft this weekend.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    I have water repellent bib tights and ankle length socks … and sometimes wear waterproof socks (over my regular socks) … 'tights over socks' stops the socks filling up in the wet.
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.