Awaiting nice new bike from Chain Reaction BUT

stevo599
stevo599 Posts: 40
edited December 2011 in MTB general
He folks, looking for a bit of advice if you will.

On Tuesday I ordered a Ghost HTX Actinum 7500 and pedals from CRC at the great price of £1039. Patienly awaiting the arrival I checked the order status today to find that the pedals have been shipped and a message to say that one or more of the items you have ordered may be out of stock, maybe jumping the gun but I am guessing the bike is out of stock despite the money being taken from my account. Now suppose the bike is out of stock, surely they should have not taken the money from my account and again surely the person packing the pedals could have put two an two together and realised the pedals were for the bike ordered and contacted me?

Tomorrow again supposing the bike is out of stock, the Ghost SE 9500 is a lower spec with less discount costing more, do you think would be in my rights to ask for this bike at the 7500 price of £1039?

What would you do folks, I am really annoyed with this, its not the first time with CRC all be it with smaller cheaper items in the past.

thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Comments

• I would call CRC.
  • I will tomorrow, couldn't find their no today, I was in a bit of a hurry as I was at work, I have it now though. Not usually the complaining type but I feel a bit let down, maybe jumping the gun, lets see.
  • I have purchased a frame from crc before and a few little parts at the same time, The frame came from a different location to the parts.
  • Nice one Russ, I hope this is the case, I hate to have to moan.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    When your ordering it usually states if its in stock or not, with an expected in stock day.

So if you didn't see this info the bike like Russ says will be coming direct from the supplier not CRC warehouse.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • I ordered some gloves for my brother from CRC, paid with paypal so the money came directly out of my account. Got an e-mail the next day saying they were out of stock, so they refunded the money into my Paypal account. They sent me a £5 or £10 voucher, so i just ordered another set of clothes and saved myself some money, so win win for me. Bare in mind this was only about £20, so I don't know if the process differs when more money has been spent. I would give them a ring if I was you, you might be able to sort some bargain out with them.
  • I've had CRC charge me the full amount only to find missing items in the delivery becuase they were out of stock (at the time of order they weren't).

I rang them and found a particular item had actually been discontinued, the lady on the phone was apologetic and they refunded my promptly. Bit miffed they didnt tell me but at least it was sorted quickly.
    Bird AM Zero (On Order :D )
    Canyon Nerve AM 7.0 (stolen :evil: )
    Cube Road SL
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    i to have had missing items i have been charged for by crc, but they did send out the missing items when i enquired what was going on..
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Chain reaction seem to be getting worse and worse lately.
    The other day I ordered a replacement lens for my goggles. It turned up on time, opened the packet to find it was used!? (seriously, covered in scratches, could clearly see where it had been clipped into goggles before etc). I rang up right away, they told me they would send me a replacement as soon as they were in stock again (I ordered it a month ago now, told they would be back in stock around 11.11.11), they're shown as back in stock on the site, but no sign of my replacement. I phone again and they said they would send another, then i receive an email explaining that it's out of stock and that i can get a refund or swap for another item. I rang up again (on monday i think this was) and asked for them to swap it for a different colour lens, which the person on the phone said was in stock and would be sent out ASAP. STILL no sign of it!

Getting seriously pissed off now. Thanks Chain Reaction, think I'll ring up tomorrow for my refund and take my business to Descent Gear. CRC can do one.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or just send it back with the claim form from the site (per their returns policy) and you'll get refunded immediately.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ilovedirt
    Why? I don't actually want an extra £11 in my bank account. I want a new goggle lens. That's why I sent them £11 for a goggle lens in the first place. Surely it's not that hard for them to just send another, as they have promised to on three occasions now.

Like I say, I think I'll keep my business to smaller companies like Descent Gear. The few times I've dealt with them, their customer service has been amazing. They even offered to send me an X9 shifter for the same price as the X7 one i ordered that happened to be out of stock.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Difference is one is a stack em high sell em cheap, the other an LBS.
    You want the low prices you put up with some random hassles.
    Such is life.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ilovedirt
    Yep true, though I never had any problems with CRC a couple of years ago, I've had quite a few recently... ah well.
    LBS it is for the small bits I guess.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    crc have always been good with me i only encouterd probelems a few times. the other week i was missing items i had been charged for in my order.. they were dispatched straight away. like they said they would be.

the other shop mentioned decentgear they were amazing to deal with i ordered some poc elbow pads, according to the manufacturer pocs website i needed meium. so ordered them and they were the wrong size they changed them no hassle i poped the meduims in the post and they sent me a set of large. even dispatched them before they got mine back....
  • CRC are doing my head in at the moment - order has been at the processing stage for a week! They said there's nothing wrong with the order, but due to unforseen circumstances, it hasn't been sent... Like, what the hell does that mean?? I just want my stuff!
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    They just told me EXACTLY the same thing. Ordered a week ago, not been dispatched but "it's being processed" Well why wasn't it processed a farking week ago

smiley-angry008.gif
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • It's odd coz they're normally good, but their response totally doesn't tell you anything about why it's delayed or how long it's gonna be!

:-$
  • ilovedirt
    They just told me EXACTLY the same thing. Ordered a week ago, not been dispatched but "it's being processed" Well why wasn't it processed a farking week ago

smiley-angry008.gif
    Ditto, just been told the same over the phone, they said they'd look into it and ring me back later... still waiting for that phone call, ffs
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • It's a few weeks before xmas, and I wonder how many people have ordered the same stuff. Things will go out of stock, things will be delayed, and things will fark up due to the extra business they get.

I wouldn't worry too much, minor inconvenience at most.
  • ilovedirt
    It's a few weeks before xmas, and I wonder how many people have ordered the same stuff. Things will go out of stock, things will be delayed, and things will fark up due to the extra business they get.

I ordered it a month ago :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    It's a few weeks before xmas, and I wonder how many people have ordered the same stuff. Things will go out of stock, things will be delayed, and things will fark up due to the extra business they get.

I ordered it a month ago :)
    A bit different, but still right in XMAS season, which started like 2 months ago (sad I know).