GT Avalanche 3.0 advice

dav56
dav56 Posts: 6
edited December 2011 in MTB general
Hi,

I have just brought my first mountain bike from Wiggle.com. Its a GT Avalanche 3.0 dic 2011 small. The bike has bent top tube. According to a review on this site this is because being a small frame its to keep the geometry in check. This looks like a womans bike. Can you confirm this is true or have wiggle sent me a womans bike.

Thanks
Dave

Comments

• I have an old GT Avalanche 1.0 and its straight and I don't think the design has changed (according to the archive section of thier website anyway) The Sensor series however does have a bent top tube. Hope this helps.
    It's better to burn out than to fade away!!
  • Is it one like this:

IMG_0318.JPG

As it happens, a mate of mine has just given me one identical to the one above, also a small frame (think it's a 2010 model).

It's a good bike. Not decided what I want to do with it yet (far too small for me, he's upgraded to an anthem and hasn't got room for it so I took it off his hands) but I do have a few ideas.

Those suntour forks are actually nowhere near as bad as I thought they would be, and the frame is nice too.
  • dav56
    Yes the frame is exactly like that one but the 2011 model.
    The small frame size is perfect for me.

This is my first mountain bike for many years and I didnt want to spend a lot of money, but wanted to make sure it was a mans bike I have brought.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    TBH if it fits it makes no difference.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • It is.

The review is correct, it's so they don't need to mess with the geometry over all the different sizes.

It's a nice little bike. Get out and enjoy :)
  • Sorry but "bought" not "brought".
  • dav56
    Thank you for pointing my error out Stevo.