Wet ride home in London/SE

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Just checked radar, big lump of wet stuff heading our way!...eta 4-5pm?

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Just walked back from Sainsbury's and it's just starting to spit with rain.
  • Good thing I'm working from home today then :), wind's turned from the north now, so I'd be slugging it into a headwind (errr... its always a headwind) and rain... looks like 6pm-7pm is going to be heaviest accrding to www.raintoday.co.uk
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • veronese68
    Hmmm, son's scout troop have got a wide game out in the wilds tonight. I've said I'll pick them up. Car full of muddy boy scouts, not good. Bin liners for seat covers is the only way to go.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hmmm, son's scout troop have got a wide game out in the wilds tonight. I've said I'll pick them up. Car full of muddy boy scouts, not good. Bin liners for seat covers is the only way to go.
    Blimey, are those still allowed what with the usual elf and safety paranoia?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • veronese68
    rjsterry wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Blimey, are those still allowed what with the usual elf and safety paranoia?
    Yes, they get up to all sorts. It's very good. One thing did scare me. At a survival camp some bright spark from district hq thought they could forage for mushrooms to eat. Thankfully somebody pointed out the flaws in this plan.
  • Pi55ing with rain and 2.7C tonight but thankfully the wind has settled down. I'd forgotten how good the Assos Airjack is in this type of weather - I felt totally comfortable the whole 18 miles
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Riding in the rain isn't a problem unless you're doing more than 15 miles I don't reckon.

But in bad light with deep puddles, you're bound to hit a potholes. Few rattled my teeth this evening.

I generally like it in the mornings when it's wet because there are fewer nodders clogging up the roads and squeezing past me at traffic lights so I have to overtake them in 30 yards time.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    That was fun! Glad to be back in a centrally heated home now though...