Best deals using Cycle to work scheme

sminty1001
sminty1001 Posts: 4
edited March 2012 in MTB general
Hi, new to the forum, but need advice on the best hardtail using the cycle to work scheme £1000 pound budget (maybe £150 more depending on store). Sadly doesn't deal with halfords, so the Boardman range isnt an option.
Prefer something with 120mm travel, to replace my aging GT Avalanche 1.
Cheers

Comments

• handful
    handful Posts: 920
    Which scheme? If it's cyclescheme you will find a lot of shops not allowing any bikes at sale prices. A good exception to that are Pauls Cycles who I think add £100 to whatever the sale price of the bike is and they are doing some good deals particularly on older model bikes. They also allow an overspend so I'm told.

If you like the geometry on your GT, can live with 100mm travel and go slightly above your budget you could you could get one of these

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s2p2230

<Waits for Supersonic's approval> :wink:
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • I got a Trek 6000 and it has been faultless so far...
    Swveeeet¡¡¡
  • Hi, Sorry for the time taken to follow up... the bike situation was put on hold due to back surgery, but now on the hunt, though now looking more for XC with trail potential bikes.

So far looked online... and some stores, some nice bikes out there, including the Trek 6500, older Scotts/GT's (Pauls cycles) and the 2012 cube range. Also drawn to 29ers, but havent had a chance to try them. Was told by my LBS that there was no chance of getting a Cube 29er as all sold out...
    So can any one advise on good 26/29ers within the £1000 mark, or better deals, other than the ones above.
    Cheers.
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    KHS do cycle to work I believe and the Alite gets well rated
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6