Trapped cyclist in Bristol

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... clist.html

Did no one else post this?

I picked the Daily Heil, 'cos the comments section will stir the usual debate - there are some nasty people out there; unlike those that stopped and helped!
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Good people.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Well done to the passers-by, and a lucky escape (after the initial misfortune) for the cyclist.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Amazing story, bloke could easily have been killed. Most ridiculous comment so far is
    It was the drivers fault for not checking her mirrors as has been widely reported. Women often do this, so it comes as no great surprise.
    I don't think the article confirms it was a woman driving, and surely the cyclist would have been in front of the car.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I posted a link to the local rag's coverage of the story on Twitter.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Frantic- ... story.html
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Wow - horrible place to be stuck under a car. Hopefully he was far enough away from the hot bits as that doesn't bear thinking about.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Some crazy comments - example - Quote/As I have a driving licence I have been trained to use the road, but cyclists can just jump on a bike with no lessons, no road experience, and more importantly no INSURANCE? From this picture i think the cyclist tried to get around the car as it was turning left instead of waiting for the car to move out of the junction and join traffic. I hope he is made to pay for the damage to that car, every penny!/Unquote

Can the people that make these sort of comments be tracked down and sent to the Isle of Man?
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Good on all those who stopped to help!

I wonder if the Daily Mail are aware that in the first picture it looks very much as though a muslim (an extremist, illegal immigrant, benefits scrounger too I'll warrant) looks to be helping.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Good work by most of the passers-by, but am I the only one that's at least slightly revolted by the fact that someone has thought "I should take pictures of this"?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The cyclist received four broken ribs and a cracked sternum from the accident.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol- ... story.html
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Wow - horrible place to be stuck under a car.

Is Bristol really that bad? Mind you, I can't imagine it being very pleasant anywhere, quite honestly.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)