Tour of the peak 2012

copper585
copper585 Posts: 141
entries open for kilo to go tour of the peak open tomorrow at 1200, event on sunday may 27, think this is the 3rd year the date has moved. anyone rode this event, worth doing?

Comments

• I rode this last year, well run and a good and tough course, will be doing this again I think

Steve
    My Marmotte 2012 Blog:
    http://steve-lamarmotte2012.blogspot.com/
    cervelo R5 VWD
    Spesh Roubaix
    Genesis Equilibrium
    Spesh FSR Stumpy Expert
    Spesh M4 Stumpy
    Brompton SL2
    Giant TCX
    Canyon Grandcanyon 29er
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Was there any traffic control on Winnats when you did it?
  • rodgers73 wrote:
    Was there any traffic control on Winnats when you did it?

no but traffic wasn't an issue,lots of people taking pictures and offering support :)
    My Marmotte 2012 Blog:
    http://steve-lamarmotte2012.blogspot.com/
    cervelo R5 VWD
    Spesh Roubaix
    Genesis Equilibrium
    Spesh FSR Stumpy Expert
    Spesh M4 Stumpy
    Brompton SL2
    Giant TCX
    Canyon Grandcanyon 29er
  • rodgers73
    Was it easy to get a run at it without the guy in front of you falling off and tripping you up?
  • thanks, will give it a bash and enter today, visited the blue john mines last year and always fancied cycling round area.
  • rodgers73
    Got my entry in.

Not really impressed with Kilo to Go as an organiser (did the Cheshire Cat and the Rut this year). Everything works ok but the food at the stops can be a bit sparse and/or dull and the post ride provision isnt fantastic either.

Action Medical Research's Peak District 100 was a great event this year. I hope this matches it at least - certainly the route looks more challenging.
  • If you're quick , the 1st 200 get a 25% discount using discount code winnats2012.

Good luck
  • entered bob on 12! Got the discount code too not bad for £21. I rode cheshire cat in 2010 and it wasnt too bad my mate did it this year and said was a shambles never again. I really think they need to cap the numbers and i am sure this ride is capped at something like 700 riders. I have decided to try and do rides with smaller numbers most club run rides are limited numbers and just seem better the food stops are well stocked and your not waiting ages to get food and drink.what are the action medical rides like i fancied some this year just never worked out with a new baby!
  • 3Pears
    3Pears Posts: 174
    Hey Thomas the Tank Engine,

Thanx you just saved me over £7 :lol:
  • rodgers73
    COPPER585 wrote:
    what are the action medical rides like i fancied some this year just never worked out with a new baby!

The food stops were great - huge piles of pasta etc etc. Way better than Kilo to Go's bun and banana offerings.
  • rodgers73
    If you're quick , the 1st 200 get a 25% discount using discount code winnats2012.

Good luck

Bugger, I was in such a rush I missed this. I'm two cycling mags down on the deal now :?
  • rodgers73 wrote:
    Was it easy to get a run at it without the guy in front of you falling off and tripping you up?

With a climb like Winnats you can't really "get a run at it" but it was very busy when I went up there. Traffic coming down meant traffic going up struggled to overtake cyclists near the bottom. I found myself having to slow down behind a car that was stuck behind another rider. It was a mild inconvenience. Once past the bottom bit, the traffic was fine and I was able to continue on without any problems.

Thought it was a great route overall.