Android Apps

Ginjafro
Ginjafro Posts: 572
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
I've just bought my wife an Android enabled mobile phone. I have never really been that bothered about mobiles but this 3G, Smart, touch screen, Android gizmo is actually getting me interested, so I might end up borrowing it a lot until she feels fit to buy me one.

In the meantime what Apps would you recommend for her and for me when I "borrow" it?
Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
Cove Hustler
Planet X Pro-Carbon

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Garmin Fit is an app you have to buy. Ask SMWBO for the 69p as it will be going on her phone.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Ginjafro
    redvee wrote:
    Garmin Fit is an app you have to buy. Ask SMWBO for the 69p as it will be going on her phone.

Sounds like a good start for me.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Buy it and try it for 10 mins, if you don't like it you can get a refund via Google Checkout/Wallet. The time limit is 15mins from purchase to refund.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Ginjafro
    Try before you buy, even better.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • X-Men.
    Amazon MP3 store
    Cut the rope
    IMDB
    Flixster.
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Endomondo to track your rides. Strava if you're that way inclined?
  • Moonchaser, drag racing, assaulter, defender, aliens v cowboys, racing moto, super dynamite fishing, pew pew, cyberlords, tiny robots, cordy, townsmen, pacific airwar, air attack, speedx 3d and diversion. All brilliant time wasting "apps".
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Fluffy, Robo Defense, PowerAmp, Mahjong, Flying Penguin, and App killer as they can keep running in the background, I also like AlarmDroid as it plays a playlist of music for your morning wake up! BTW if you have an HTC let me know how you get on with the GPS cause mine is crap.
  • Angry Birds.

For fitness, sports tracker and myfitnesspal.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Redhog14 wrote:
    Fluffy, Robo Defense, PowerAmp, Mahjong, Flying Penguin, and App killer as they can keep running in the background, I also like AlarmDroid as it plays a playlist of music for your morning wake up! BTW if you have an HTC let me know how you get on with the GPS cause mine is crap.

Whats wrong with your GPS? My HTC GPS is fine, I should have put Google star map in my list as well, which you need GPS for. I have the demo of robo defense, its OK, dont know if the pay version is worth it.
  • Redhog14 wrote:
    BTW if you have an HTC let me know how you get on with the GPS cause mine is crap[/b].

Whats wrong with your GPS? .
    Just got my Desire hd back after the GPS gave up the ghost
    Not that bad but bad enough for me
    Route1.jpg
  • Ginjafro
    Redhog14 wrote:
    BTW if you have an HTC let me know how you get on with the GPS cause mine is crap[/b].

Whats wrong with your GPS? .
    Just got my Desire hd back after the GPS gave up the ghost

Haven't got a clue what your on about but I guess I'll find out sooner or later. In the meantime (before tonight's pub quiz) I've downloaded a few of the recommended Apps as well as a sky at night, stars/constellation App (perfect for a cloudy night) and a currency converter to depress me with our current crappy rate.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    you can get iplayer on android which is pretty good

i use stuff like:

Sky news
    BBC news
    tweetcaster
    dropbox
    IMDB

and there is other stuff out there like alternative web browsers, music players etc.

but don't fill the phone up with other people's apps... think about what you need and find them yourself, otherwise you end up with a big, cluttered catalogue of apps you never use. and to be honest you can get away with the stock pre-loaded apps (facebook, twitter, google maps, email etc.) as its often not worth doing everything in individual apps when you can just do in in the browser on the internet.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Is there a decent Android App which allows you to stream music through AirPort Express?