What grinds your gears?

1235»

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Oh, and the use of the word "Exclusive", as in; We have an exclusive interview with (...insert name).
    FFS the person giving the interview will be seen/heard on all of the media outlets on same day. :roll:
    "Exclusive to this channel/newspaper/magazine" is just as bad.
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    we buy any car dot com radio adverts :roll:
  • Newsreaders telling us someone has been put in jail, or been released from jail. WTF! I'm sure people in this country go to prison. I thought you went to jail if the sheriff caught you after a shootout in the wild west. Also people who change the pronunciation of words. I grew up calling a Porsche a Porsche, and not a porsha. I wore Nike and Adidas trainers, not nikey and adeedas. And I watched the news, not the nooze. Grrrrr!
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    People, to be fair most often women, who speak with that upward inflection so that everything they say goes 'up' at the end.

That really rips my knitting out. Used to work with a girl who spent 6 months in Australia, she was affected, badly.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • People turning up on my doorstep trying to spread the word of god. :twisted:
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    The use of glaucomic filters and bleached out images, not just on programmes but the practice has encroched into the BBC news as well. And incessant backround music...
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    noodleman wrote:
    Newsreaders telling us someone has been put in jail, or been released from jail. WTF! I'm sure people in this country go to prison. I thought you went to jail if the sheriff caught you after a shootout in the wild west. Also people who change the pronunciation of words. I grew up calling a Porsche a Porsche, and not a porsha. I wore Nike and Adidas trainers, not nikey and adeedas. And I watched the news, not the nooze. Grrrrr!
    With you on some of that, but:
    Porsche is a family name, and the family members pronounce their surname PORSH-uh
    "Nigh-Key" Its a Greek word for "Victory."
  • Adverts that say "Up to Half Price Off"

Aaarrggghhhh!
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • on the road
    People turning up on my doorstep trying to spread the word of god. :twisted:
    Luckly I've not had that because I don't bother opening the door, but what realy does get my goat is people who stop me in the street just to say "god loves you" :evil: The next person that does that will get a bloody nose :twisted:
  • Doesn't bother me now, because ive given up smoking, but from the past, when scabs and chavs approach you in the street and ask for a 'spare fag'. I have ciggarettes, but none of them are spare...
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    People who meander along the footway in peak hours and lunchtimes. In fact "meandering" is not really an appropriate description as it implies a forward vector of at least twice the magnitude of the lateral vectors. What annoys me is more appropriately described as a wobble - all three vectors approximately equal. Usually people checking their phones or messing with mp3 players.

I'll suplex the next offender to incur my wrath.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,994
    People turning up on my doorstep trying to spread the word of god. :twisted:
    Luckly I've not had that because I don't bother opening the door, but what realy does get my goat is people who stop me in the street just to say "god loves you" :evil: The next person that does that will get a bloody nose :twisted:

My sister was hassled by one of them on a lunch break who was telling her that we all have to meet God sooner or later to which her response was "if you don't f off you'll be meeting him sooner than you expected"!
  • First time I've viewed this thread.

What a bunch of uptight knobheads we cyclists are.

I can rest soundly in my bed knowing that I am not going to be the last grumpy old man ever. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • on the road
    First time I've viewed this thread.

What a bunch of uptight knobheads we cyclists are.

I can rest soundly in my bed knowing that I am not going to be the last grumpy old man ever. :D
    Speak for yourself :lol:
  • The hard sell of extras when buying cheap electrical items. It's a £70 blu-ray player, I don't want an extended warranty for £30 or an HDMI cable for £40, just shut up and sell me what I've asked for. Another reason to stick with online shopping :x
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,994
    The hard sell of extras when buying cheap electrical items. It's a £70 blu-ray player, I don't want an extended warranty for £30 or an HDMI cable for £40, just shut up and sell me what I've asked for. Another reason to stick with online shopping :x

I'm not sure about that, even online shopping comes up with the "you may also want to buy this" thing now. The answer is, of course, "no I f***ing don't or I would have added it to my basket" :wink:
  • on the road
    Pross wrote:
    The hard sell of extras when buying cheap electrical items. It's a £70 blu-ray player, I don't want an extended warranty for £30 or an HDMI cable for £40, just shut up and sell me what I've asked for. Another reason to stick with online shopping :x

I'm not sure about that, even online shopping comes up with the "you may also want to buy this" thing now. The answer is, of course, "no I f***ing don't or I would have added it to my basket" :wink:
    You also get, people who bought that £70 blu-ray player also bought this, that, and the other.