OT Tefal Actifry

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Any good?

Better than oven chips?

Worth the money?
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Any good?

Better than oven chips?

Worth the money?

Not as good as a pan of water for boiling green vegetables.

You fat fcuker.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • My inner fat boy has always wanted one of these, noticed Philips have the AirFryer as well. Nom nom nom nom nom.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    Greg that's just mean.

Curry Chip for lunch Nom nom nom nom nom nom
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,624
    It is sized to fit in a cupboard next to a George Forman grill and a sodastream.
  • It is sized to fit in a cupboard next to a George Forman grill and a sodastream.
    +1 on this and all the other supposed kitchen gadgets you can't do without... but end up never/rarely using... like the coffee grinder, the liquidiser, electric tin opener and at least half a dozen more...

Funnily enough the only kitchen 'gadgets' that get used at least weekly are the pressure cooker, the kitchen aid mixer and the deep fat fryer (double or triple frying real hand cut chips is the only way to get them really yummy... i sniff at your oven chips)
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Our George Formby gets quite a lot of use, often for tosted sarnies. Much better than the Breville that's buried in the back of a cupboard somewhere.
  • my blender/food processor is the most used equipment in my cupboard so i'd remove that off your list of useless gadgets.

Ice cream makers, now that's a way to waste money on things you'll never use.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    I have a bread maker, generally just used for mixing the dough as it bakes better in a normal oven, and a slow cooker both a which get used.

as does our cool apple peeler / corer gadget, infact no home should be without one of these - its a brilliant way to get kids to eat apples and makes making tarte tatin an absolute breeze.*
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Swift-PISI002-GN-JZ-Rotary-Apple-Peeler/dp/B005UTKYQG

*OK so perhaps making tarte tatin isn't at the top of everyones daily to do list.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Had one, was great, chips tasted fantastic, but it started to smoke and glow at the back end where all the gubbins are so much so I shut the power off at the breakers as the plug was behind it and I didn't want to reach over it, but it was great for a couple of years