Best Light Set for £50ish

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited November 2011 in Road buying advice
Could anyone give me an idea of best value and performance front/rear light set for about £50.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• furrag
    furrag Posts: 481
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-smooth- ... -904482507

With remaining money I'd get a Knog bullfrog and a cheaper £3 LED from Wiggle/Clas Ohlsen. One static, one to flash.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    One or two XML-T6 501/502b's on the front - with an RSP Astrum or Lunar R2 on the rear.

I run two XML-T6 502b 's on the front with a Smart 1/2 watt rear - (and some helmet flashers and a mini 3w luxeon).
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I've got a couple of Magicshine lights including a XML-T6 similar to the one linked above. For the money they are great, but the standard smooth reflector on the XML-T6 linked to above give a really crap spread of light for road riding. You'll need to get either a type of reflector known as 'orange peel' or a wide angle lens like this. But once you get these (and a better battery holder) then they are great lights for the money.

My last order from Dealextreme took about 3 weeks (placed early November). If you place an order now I'd be surprised if you got it before 2012.

EDIT: just noticed that the light linked to above is UK warehouse stock so I guess delivery will be pretty quick.
    More problems but still living....
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Yep, DX now have UK stock on some items. Someone else on here recommended putting 'invisible' sellotape over the lens, apparently diffuses the beam and reduces the overly focussed spot.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • lezyne mini drive up front for £50 and then £10 worth of cateye loop on the back - Im sure a local lbs would sort out an internet price match. BUY LOCALLY!
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    jonbristol wrote:
    lezyne mini drive up front for £50 and then £10 worth of cateye loop on the back - Im sure a local lbs would sort out an internet price match. BUY LOCALLY!

Why? Why buy an overpriced/underpowered light when you can get a much more powerful light for less? £50 for 150 lumens is pretty poor value.
    More problems but still living....