Planet X Kaffenback

Libraio
Libraio Posts: 181
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
Anyone on here got one of the new swapout ones yet? I´m looking at it thinking it ticks most of my boxes; steel, discs, clearance for 35mm knoblies, able to ride geared and singlespeed, sort of traditional looking. Any other bikes out there wich I should considder?
Thanks in advance
The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Saw that - was thinking of getting a Pompetamine but I really like the Kaffenback
  • Libraio
    've Been eying the Pomp as well, I'm going to ride singlespeed most of the rime but the Kaffenback lets you run it geared as well. Just got the oke from work to purchase a bike with the Dutch cycle to work plan. Black or copper...
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Copper.... would match carradice colours nicely...
    20091007105157-large-1-689.jpg
  • Jay dubbleU
    Definitely bronze - with a Brooks saddle and copper rivets
  • Libraio
    Mmmmhhh, Brooks and Carradice do not make for a budget bike-to-work build I'm afraid. Would look good with Honjo fenders and cream coloured tires I think :). Charge Spoon, SKS Bluemels, backpack and Conti's from the District would suit the wallet better. Going for a retro look with a lot of polished aluminium though. The Ritchey Classic line is so pretty (and allready on my District).
  • Jay dubbleU
    Charge spoon is good in brown - silver drive-train, and FSA classic seatpost and front end