OT - Psychobilly?

CyclingBantam
CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
After the resounding, and unexpected success, with the 'Zombies' thread a few weeks back, have we any Psychobilly fans on here?

Fast Double Bass and plenty of (tongue in cheek) talk of Blood etc, who's interested and who do you look out for?

For anyone who likes this stuff, there are a couple of great radio shows I like to download from the states - Search for Zorch Radio and also Psychobilly Garden Party.

I'm currently loving listening to The Hyperjax and Lunar Vegas.

This could go really well, or not get a single response.... :lol:

Comments

• PO Paul
    PO Paul Posts: 114
    Not so much Psychobilly, but a big fan of Rockabilly. I find most Psychobilly a bit too punk'ish/heavy metal'ish. I much prefer the raw minimalist sound of Rockabilly. However, in my youth I used to be a friend of Paul Fenech(Meteors) when he was first starting out.
  • Still have a few GuanaBatz, King Kurt and The Meteors records rattling around in my record collection.
    King Rat is on still one of the most listened songs on the iPod.

Saw the GBz at the Town & Country club back in the 1980s. Was probably the youngest person there. Straight in the mosh pit - straight out with a punch in the face. Got told by someone at the bar to punch back and that it wasn't personal. Had a pint and got straight back in. Great concert.

No idea about any of the newer stuff though. A lot of it sounds a bit too Skate Punk for my taste.
    (i.e. I'm too old)
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I don't think I know any psychobilly bands, but I expect I'd like some. I like punk and rockabilly, so that's a start. Must remember to seek some out; any recommendations?
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Took my step son to see King Jurt in the Underworld Cmaden a couple of years ago - great night :) And didn't make me feel old at all no sir!