Rigid or Air Rev/Pike for Dr Jekyll

gtd.
gtd. Posts: 626
edited November 2011 in MTB buying advice
I'm building up a Identiti Dr. Jekyll frame might end up being 46 (24" rear wheel 26" front") or just 26" wheels.

Its mostly going to be used as a bike to let mates come along with me on rides there for if I fit sus forks they will need to be air as one lass who will ride it is tall and skinny and one lad is same height but heavy. then there is me who is the same.

Been looking at rigid forks like Identiti Rebate 1420 XL Jump Fork which is supposed to be long travel suspension corrected but has an axle to crown of 465mm which works out to 80-90mm travel yet the frame is rated for 100-130mm travel.

Would I be better putting a set of air Revs or Pikes on?
Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    would not go 26-24.
    old version revs or the pikes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    Was looking at older 20mm Maxle revs or Pikes.

What is wrong with running a 24" rear wheel?

Bought a 24" front wheel by accident thinking it was a 26" and fitted it to a rear Hope XC hub. Tried it on my Patriot and is seems fine on local single track. Pedalling is a lot easier now I'm riding with a faster cadence and sooms more maneuverable if that makes sense.

Was thinking with a 24" rear the Dr Jekyll would have slacker angles and lower BB also ordered the 24" ADS drop outs so the tyre sits where it should making the chain stays 30mm shorter as the tyre is close to the chain stay welds with 26" drop outs.
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er