What Chain Device For On-One 456 carbon

g13nna
g13nna Posts: 16
edited November 2011 in MTB buying advice
Ok So I'm looking to go down the 1x9 route on my 456 carbon and looking at chain devices I have xt770 crankset and looking at going with a 32t chain ring, I've been serching the net to see whats available and narrowed it down to a few which are :

E-13 Lg1+
Mrp G2 sl mini
Mrp Lopez sl

What what you go for with my setup? Any 456 Carbon owners please chip in with any advice :D

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I run a Superstar Plasma on my On-One Summer Season. It's cheap but very well made, light & works better than the E13 Lg1 I had before. In a year of DH & freeride it hasn't dropped the chain once.
    Also make sure you get a good quality chain ring, I use Renthal which seem to last forever.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    + its cheaper and comes in more colours than the others!
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Gamut would be my choice, personally... Though I've never had a device on my C456. Does look a wee bit lke the chainstay could be a problem with some designs.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    fitted a mrp lopes and use a lg1 and superstar.

lg1 is the best by far, no modding just fit n forget.

i had to grind a bit of plastic away from the top guide to make it run smoothly across the whole cassette but well made n works fine for the money.

the lopes was way over priced, poorly made, poor fitting, took loads of faffing with grinder and shims to get it running right but still very noisey and the most expensive too.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    + 1 for the LG1, mines been faultless so far, and the E-13 guiderings are superb imo, and come in awesome colours :D