FAO: Supersonic: - The Thing 2011

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited December 2011 in The Crudcatcher
I am afraid to confess that I just watched it in the comfort of my own home
All I can say it's a great prequel to the great original and takes the story right up to where it started in the 1982 classic
Not too much CGI and very entertaining indeed...

Available for download in exceptionaly high quality R5 Line format from most decent Torrent sites...

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Been looking forward to this one for a while, so good to see someone liked it. I'm going to try see it in when it comes out in the cinemas (release date 2nd December).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    This will be bought and seen, thanks for the heads up!
  • Stevo_666
    Just been to see this - well worth a watch. Unfortunately you know how it ends if you've seen the '82 classic but go see anyway, plenty tension and a few loose ends that aren't answered :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    It's just like a cheap Alien filmed at Iceland in Birmingham
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Stevo_666
    Pudseyp wrote:
    It's just like a cheap Alien filmed at Iceland in Birmingham
    Maybe your eyesight is getting worse since you've been off work? :)
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    cracking film, so well kept on with the origanal, which i watched for the first time friday. :shock:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Watched this last night and must admit I thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so I watched the first half of the 'classic' straight after :)
  • Stevo_666
    My fave scene from the original:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjIXwkX1e48
    Great quote at 2:10
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The original was the 1951 version.

Though Carpenter's was much better.

This, a "prequel", yeah right. It's the same story just with an attempt to make it fit the chronology. 70s/80s horror is always best. The more recent Dawn of the Dead was rubbish (same producers as The Thing 2011), and likewise various versions of Invasion of the Body Snatchers with the original B&W being okay, the later versions being generally rubbish but the 78 version being a true classic.

That said, I haven't seen this version so maybe it's okay. I just can't be bothered with many films now as Hollywood clearly can't be bothered either. Wake me up in 100 years time when someone discovers originality again.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    My fave scene from the original:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjIXwkX1e48
    Great quote at 2:10

My favourite bit!
  • Stevo_666
    deadkenny wrote:

Yep, the 1982 Carpenter version will always rule. I hadn't even included the 1951 original as it was cr@p.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    deadkenny wrote:

Yep, the 1982 Carpenter version will always rule. I hadn't even included the 1951 original as it was cr@p.

Crap or not, the original IS THE original.

I think the Carpenter version is top bollox, Is this new "prequel" ful of Norwegians?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.