Which bike?

Angela2604
Angela2604 Posts: 4
edited November 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I mainly do triathlons and have my bike for races but was looking for a bike for around £1000 or less for sportives and winter riding. At the moment I'm looking at the cube attempt to focus Cayo? They are both triple chain sets which I hope would get me over the passes in the lakes but I don't want to spin out on the downhills and on the flat. Any advice on these bikes or others would be appreciated as I'm lost at the moment!
Thanks
Angela

Comments

• HI Angela, I take it your a lady ? How about the Cube Axial WLS ?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=72943

A cube would be an excellent choice. I have an Agree GTC Race and it's superb.
  • Yes I saw that one but there's so limited choice with women's bikes so i was just looking at bikes in general. Rode a massi men's bike for a week in Mallorca and was really comfortable on it. In the bike radar reviews the cube attempt came out tops that's the reason I was looking at it, plus there's a good discount on it through chain reaction.
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Can't make any meaningful comment regarding the particular bikes sorry. However, regarding triple chainsets, they're hugely unfashionable but are quite suited to hilly sportives & winter training. They allow one to maintain a high cadence and light load in pretty much any terrain. If you find youself spinning out with 52x12 or 52x11 on the flat, can I come and train with you please.
    Compact chainsets have their benefits for sportives & winter training too.
  • My kuota has a compact and I'm fine most of the time except for the really steep bits on the lake district passes. Only have experience of a triple chain set on my Giant anthem mountain bike so that's all I can compare it with. I did say I'm not that technically minded so I do need advice :o(