Hangover Anxiety

Kaise
Kaise Posts: 2,498
edited November 2011 in The Crudcatcher
today has been pretty hellish to be honest!

racing heart rate, headache, anxiety and i can shift it, this might actually be a turning point, i might just give up on the drinking sessions, this hangover shit isn't worth it! The odd beer here and there is fine but the fear i get the following day after 7/8 pints is debilitating!

this isn't the standard "I'm never drinking again" talk

Comments

• IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    MTFU
    britneys_pussy_hurts.jpg
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    cheers for that
  • IcarusGreen
    No problem, I try to help!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i often think that the nights out are never worth the hangovers (typically 2 to 3 days) but i tend to find that if i have drunk enough to produce a proper hangover: it was because i was having an ace time.

i wouldnt ever give up drinking but i do try to limit how often i do it nowadays.

i only drank properly twice in the last 4 weeks and wont drink properly until the 9th after which i have 5 parties in a week to contend with. Cant wait.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    do you have fear today ? i only really get fear if my hangover is on a Sunday

hair of the dog is the only thing that shifts it for me
  • IcarusGreen
    i often think that the nights out are never worth the hangovers (typically 2 to 3 days) but i tend to find that if i have drunk enough to produce a proper hangover: it was because i was having an ace time.

i wouldnt ever give up drinking but i do try to limit how often i do it nowadays.

i only drank properly twice in the last 4 weeks and wont drink properly until the 9th after which i have 5 parties in a week to contend with. Cant wait.

I'm on exercise for 2 weeks from sunday so no drinking for me but the week i get back:
    Silly season!
    Sunday - the church
    Monday - St. Eligus day function (REME patron Saint)
    Tuesday - LAD Christmas party
    Wednesday - Seniors to officers games night
    Thursday - My regt are boxing against the Coldstream Guards (3 of my lads are boxing)
    Friday - Mess Christmas Ball
    Saturday - on leave for 3 weeks.

I might need a new liver!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • sheepsteeth
    yeah, mine are

-mess christmas ball
    -works trip to the new school location (meant to be a recce but consider the fact im not even going to be working at the new school )
    -school christmas dinner
    -school christmas do
    -wife's work do (at which i will be on my best behaviour)

followed by 3 weeks drinking leave which starts on the 16th. let me know how your new liver search goes and find out if they have a big wobbly spare one for me too.
  • IcarusGreen
    big wobbly spare one

Thats like my obvious that is!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    big wobbly spare one

You haven't got an obvious in you...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    DIESELDOG wrote:

The night is still young..........
  • IcarusGreen
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    big wobbly spare one

Love n hugs

DD

I'll give you an obvious in a minute!

Oooo err missis!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    big wobbly spare one

Love n hugs

DD

I'll give you an obvious in a minute!

Oooo err missis!

If it's a big wobbly spare one that Sheepsteeth has discarded then you can either hang on to it, (wring it out), or try and give it to sloppy seconds.

Love n hugs

DD

• What i hate are the hangovers that start before you even go to sleep caused by not having drank in a few hours. I was at a concert earlier and had been consuming in the hours leading to it, then sweated everything out and had no more cash for more. Riding the train home was not fun. Now im jittery and have a throbbing headache, and nothing fixes that. Hopefully it will be gone in the morning, as a liter of apple juice has been drunk and now im layong in bed.
    M
  • What are these hangovers you speak of? a pint or more of water before I go to bed, and I'm fine. Every so often I feel a bit rough the next day, but that generally means that I drank far too much of far too many drinks and didn't sleep much!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    What are these hangovers you speak of? a pint or more of water before I go to bed, and I'm fine. Every so often I feel a bit rough the next day, but that generally means that I drank far too much of far too many drinks and didn't sleep much!

this.

I've only had one hangover in my lifetime.

i normally drink at least 2 pints of fresh orange juice beforehand if I'm gonna drink that much.

You just need to understand what a hangover is...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • DIESELDOG
    Pah, hangovers? Never get them.

Probably because I stay pissed.

Love n hugs

DD

• sheepsteeth
    What are these hangovers you speak of? a pint or more of water before I go to bed, and I'm fine.

so you havent had a hangover?
    Every so often I feel a bit rough the next day,

Thats a hangover
    but that generally means that I drank far too much of far too many drinks and didn't sleep much!

Thats how hangovers happen.

Thankyou for coming along captain obvious

captain-obvious-to-the-rescue.jpg
  • My point was, I only get a hangover if I'm being a dick and don't have a couple of pints of water before sleeping, and that they are pretty easy buggers to prevent.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    dick

That's like my obvious that is.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Best cure is tomato juice, beta blcokers and cyclizine, with a side order of diazepam.
  • projectsome
    supersonic wrote:
    Best cure is tomato juice, beta blcokers and cyclizine, with a side order of diazepam.

how many hangovers have you had?
  • supersonic
    Too bloody many. Caffeine is the worst thing you can have, all the shakes and anxiety and palpitations is because your system is in overdrive from withdrawal. It needs calming down.
  • When I did my First Aid course at work, the trainer asked if there was 'anything in particular we'd like to learn' before we got started. So naturally, I asked for a hangover cure.
    He said flat cola will give you much needed liquid and raise your sugar levels, also ready salted crisps, as they will raise your salt levels, as well as give you food, but a packet doesn't contain too much so won't make you feel ill. So flat cola and ready salted crisps will see you right. Or a bacon butty and a cup of tea (with sugar). Awesomes
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • supersonic
    Lol, I was told the opposite! Cola is pretty bad as the caffeine and hypertonic formula will dehydrate you even more, and the sugar rush will mean you just crash later!

But saying that, I sometimes have a can as it cuts through the 'someone has sh*t in my mouth' taste double quick ;-)

Guess there are 1001 cures out there!
  • IcarusGreen
    Best de-gag morning after drink has to be:
    _460001_bru300.jpg

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • projectsome
    supersonic wrote:
    Too bloody many.

something tells me your cure doesn't work
  • supersonic
    Lol that's before the cure ;-)