Campagnolo 10 speed rear derailleur

sashmo
sashmo Posts: 113
edited November 2011 in Workshop
After several trouble-free years with my Campagnolo groupset, since August, I have broken no fewer than 3 of these
http://media.thehubsa.co.za/forum/uploads/monthly_03_2011/post-2030-0-26435900-1301560967.png
post-2030-0-26435900-1301560967.png

Each time, it has been when I have been pedalling and have hit something (pothole, bump, etc) in the road, causing the rear mech to jump. I appreciate that I should avoid doing this if I don't want to break any more, but I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts whether there is anything in the set up that is wrong and causing the problem?

Comments

• baznav73
    baznav73 Posts: 111
    Strange one never known one break untill now, well not just riding along anyway.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I have a brand new black short cage veloce 10 speed rear mech for sale which is complete except for a metal cup and bearing on the lower jockey wheel. £25 posted to UK if you're interested. (It was bought to replace a xenon derailleur which lost some jockey wheel parts on a riode, but the veloce's cage was too short, so the lower jockey wheel parts were used to repair the xenon derailleur instead.)

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Could there be an issue with the frame hanger?
  • goto your LBS and ask if they have any in the used parts bin. Most decent shops will happily give you an old mech to use for parts.
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • Is the upper pivot moving freely? If it is seized might put more stress on that part when you hit a bump.