Forme Plateau frameset, good upgrade from Trek 1.1?

andy46
andy46 Posts: 1,666
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
Hi guys

As some of you will know from my previous posts I have a 2010 Trek 1.1 which has served me well for just over a year but, since getting more used to it (coming from mtb's) I've felt the frame is a tad on the small size.

I would love to get a new bike but unfortunately due to lack of money I don't know when this will be doable. However I was in my LBS today and was talking to the owner (who is a top bloke) and he suggested this frame and fork and to get everything swapped over from my bike. I got hold of a cross bike he had built up in the shop, which is made out of the same alloy and this was lighter than my road bike! As I get bits of money I could upgrade bits at a time so it would be a bit like a custom build :D

I'd be very grateful to hear what you think, here is the link you can also view the cross bike frameset in the road section

http://www.formebikes.co.uk/bikes/road/ ... _frame.php

Thanks for any comments :)
2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport

Comments

• andy46
    Nobody heard of them? :?

Me neither :lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

• flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    I have one and it makes up a very nice light winter bike, under 20lbs.

However take no notice of the page specs. it takes a 27.2 seatpost and needs a 31.8 front mech!
  • andy46
    Thanks but there's been a change of plan, see my other thread in this section.

I got a cracking deal on one of these from my lbs

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=71975

I cant wait :D
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

• Kolob
    Kolob Posts: 3
    Mine is ordered and on its way. I'll try and post something about my experience with it as there seems to be very little on line about it.