new helmet

scarthie99
scarthie99 Posts: 209
edited December 2011 in Road beginners
look at get a new helmet for my new road bike i be use my mtb giro phase helmet which use on my mtb which i sold to buy my road bike. look at mavic plasma SLR helmet or giro atmos or ionos i have 100 to spend the helmet look at 2011 helmet.any info please

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Its a helmet.

Fit is the most important part of the package.

Looks are in the eye of the beholder.
    Safety - they're all about the same.
    Function - broadly comparable.

Go to shop.
    Try on helmets you like.
    Buy one that is comfy.
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    LAS Victory, super comfy, very adjustable and doesn't look like a mushroom.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I have a giro for mtb and bought a specialized for the road bike, the specialized is a nicer fit and more comfortable for me personally.

Try some on, it's just like asking what saddle should I get? Everyone is different, but you should get a decent helmet for £100.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    As mentioned, looks don't matter, so get one of these:

Etto_sm.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    scarthie99 wrote:
    look at get a new helmet for my new road bike i be use my mtb giro phase helmet which use on my mtb which i sold to buy my road bike. look at mavic plasma SLR helmet or giro atmos or ionos i have 100 to spend the helmet look at 2011 helmet.any info please

I'm not trying to be rude but the grammatical construction of that message is an absolute bloody disgrace.

Is English your first language???
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    rodgers73 wrote:
    scarthie99 wrote:

I'm not trying to be rude but the grammatical construction of that message is an absolute bloody disgrace.

Is English your first language???

I assumed not :roll:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • I assumed not, too. Could be that our mate has gone in with both feet, there. . . maybe some egg is approaching a face sometime soon.

Dare I say that three question marks is not quite perfect, either, grammatically-speaking? :shock:
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Foreigner or not, that still made for painful reading!
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    If he is from another country then I think your being a little harsh. :roll:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • andy46 wrote:

Welsh or Scottish?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • rodgers73 wrote:
    Foreigner or not, that still made for painful reading!
    he did say he was an ex-MTB rider - explains a lot!
  • andy46 wrote:

Welsh or Scottish?

Steady :x
  • if £100 is your budget then I would take a good look at the giro prolight. Super comfy, very light and from a reputable helmet manufacturer.

Yes looks are subjective, my opinion is that the mavic both looks awful and fits terribly - same as scott helmets.
  • Definitely go try on a few helmets. I really wanted to get a Catlike Whisper. However once I tried it on it just didn't feel right. I ended up with a LAS Squalo. I found it to be a fantastically comfortable helmet with great airflow. It also worked a treat when I got knocked off my bike and it took a rather nasty few bangs off the tarmac as I got flung down the road.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?