Another Injury

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
This time a bit closer to home for me. Not on my route but have popped along that way now and then. Hope cyclist recovers quickly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15871772

Please all, do all you can to make sure you are visible. Still a lot of cyclists about without lights and high viz.
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• Police said the cyclist and driver of the car were taken by ambulance to the nearby Western Infirmary.

Hmm, do I detect the old 'roll around in agony after fouling someone' gambit? [/MASSIVE ASSUMPTION]
  • Police said the cyclist and driver of the car were taken by ambulance to the nearby Western Infirmary.

Hmm, do I detect the old 'roll around in agony after fouling someone' gambit? [/MASSIVE ASSUMPTION]

Could well be shock. Not only that, but they're probably only a few hundred yards from the hospital there (my geography of Glasgow isn't great but they're pretty close to Yorkhill hospital where I spent 100-odd nights in the last 12 months and the Western was pretty close) so they are likely to end up there to be sure.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Police said the cyclist and driver of the car were taken by ambulance to the nearby Western Infirmary.

Could well be shock. Not only that, but they're probably only a few hundred yards from the hospital there (my geography of Glasgow isn't great but they're pretty close to Yorkhill hospital where I spent 100-odd nights in the last 12 months and the Western was pretty close) so they are likely to end up there to be sure.

No A&E at Yorkhill, will be the Western Infirmary which is actually closer. I do believe the cyclist burst through the windscreen of the car, so maybe glass injury. Also the collision must have been at speed to throw cyclist up onto windscreen with enough force to break it.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"