24" Kids Bike

PolyphonicBoy
PolyphonicBoy Posts: 68
edited December 2011 in Family & kids cycling forum
Looking for a 24" wheel bike for my daughter's birthday. She's growing at a rate of knots and don't have too much to spend. I was thinking of checking out the BTwin RR5 Junior at the newly-opened Decathlon store in Edinburgh at the weekend. Is this bike any good?

Any other recommendations for 24" bikes around £100-£150?

Looking for something as light as possible for the money and preferably no suspension / front-only suspension. She'd be using it on the road and tracks (no real off-roading) so maybe some kind of hybrid tyre rather than full-on knobbly.

Comments

• Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I've had a 4 Decathlon bikes over the years for my kids and they've all been fine.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Went for the B'Twin Original 1. Nice looking bike and happy daughter. Decathlon staff make Halfords look competent though - tyres are soft, lights attached loosely, and brake cable not threaded through an eyelet on the frame. They've only been open a few days though so I'll cut them some slack.
  • That's not my experience of Decathlon staff. They've always been great with me, and all of the bikes I've bought from them have been assembled perfectly. Maybe they're having teething problems.