Fox Factory 32 Talas & Fox Factory Float RP23

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited November 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi Guys,

I am looking at the Cube AMS 130SL bike and just wondered re the above forks and shock what are the service requirements by Fox for warranty and are they high maintenance like the wife.

Cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    All the info is on Foxs webby in the downloadable manuals and in the online service info.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Fox say 100 hours I think for Talas. I would service mine once a year regardless of use (+ or - 100, either way). RP23 is uber reliable.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Thanks for the info i could not find the exact fork on the site but was probably me been an arse. Benpinnick thanks for your help i assume you have experience of the RP23 and sounds like they are good from your comment and what do you think of the Talas forks?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    No surprise - most OEM models are not listed as they somehow manage to make them different from the aftermarket ones. Either way, its 100hrs for a fork oil change, 200h for a full service. On the back, people tend to run them until they feel crappy/break. Can literally be years between services. Manual however says 30 hours!

I have nothing but good things to say about the RP23, its a modern engineering miracle. For my money, on the front, I would have a Float over a TALAS, but Talas would be above all other brands.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.