chromag stylus upgraded

delcol
delcol Posts: 2,848
edited March 2012 in Your mountain bikes
a few pics of our new shiney chromag hartails...
chromag stylus
colours rootbeer and black/green sparkle.
IMG_3124.jpg
IMG_3125.jpg
IMG_3130.jpg
IMG_3134.jpg
IMG_3139.jpg
http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh27 ... l/chromag/

bars chromag fubar accutes and os
stem chromag ranger and a sunline vone
grips nc 17 and lizzardskin peaty
brakes hope tech 2 and magura louise bat
crank/drivetrain race face dues sram x9 and x7 shifters. xt front mech
hammer schmidt sram xo shifters rear mech
pedals wellago magnesium and dmr (?)
forks fox 36 talas rc2 bos deville
wheels /tyres hope pro2 10 mm bolt through rear on mavic rims maxiss minions.
nukeproof generator an mavic rims maxxis swamp things
seatpost thompson ellite
saddle wtb pure v and a chromag trailblazer
chromag qr seat clamps
neo guard front and crudcatcher rear (ready for winter)

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    very nice pair! i really like the second one, my sort of hardtail :)
  • delcol
    thanks the rootbeer one will be improved in time.. (well as soon as i can find a job after being made redundant)
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    I really like Chromag frames, not to taken with the rootbeer colour though. Both look great though, but how tall are you? Those bikes look tiny. Or are they your childrens?
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Nice bikes but cut down the steerer tube. I prefer the black one more too.
  • delcol
    :lol::lol: i bet my little girl could ride it...

i 5ft9 it's a medium frame....

yeah the steerer does need sorting it's just kinda left from throwing the bike together i decided to run the bars lower on this bike, so need to remove the extra steerer tube...

was kinda limited on choice of colours as they only had a few in stock my brother who bought both the frames had dibs on the funky blk one.. they did have a matt blk one in but i couldnt get the same colour frame as him it bad enough having the same frame as him.. other colour in stock were orange and i think red now i hate red and orange was a no no.. i was kinda taken by the rootbeer for some reason.....

i could of had any colour i wanted as most of their frames are raw unpainted and done to order,, the list of colours was endless there were some really cool glittery sparkley custom paint jobs to. but they were like a $1000.
    i couldnt wait as i wanted to bring the frame back to the uk with me and i dint have the 3-4 weeks it would of took to get the raw frame painted and decal'd up.....

thanx for the comments... :wink::D
  • I actually quite like the rootbeer colour! Its really not the kinda colour i would ever choose normally but its pretty cool and whats cooler is the fact its called "Rootbeer" ! Kudos!
  • jay12
    all chromag stuff is sexy.period. shame that most their stuff is very expensive., but it's worth it IMO
  • delcol
    jay12 wrote:
    all chromag stuff is sexy.period. shame that most their stuff is very expensive., but it's worth it IMO
    see young jay,, lesson in life for you here.. in the ripoff uk yes it is. now ibeen lucky enough to be going to whistler for the last 4 years twice a year (begining and end of season) lesson time... i quickly noticed that stuff made that side of the pond was cheaper ie chromag.. so when we heard that the factory was up the road in whistler (function junction) and it had a shop we paid them a visit..
    a few hundred pound/dollars later we had new shiney chromag bits. and had been talking to the owner ian ritz.

fast forward 18 months and we find ourselfs in whistler again, going to the chromag shop to see if we can get some replacment bolts for the stems.. we had another friend with us who was toying with the idea of getting a chromag frame..

we go into shop and straight way he ian and julian remember us.. so being a staright speaking northerner and one for a bargin i asked ian if sam and my brother both buy a frame could we get a discount, then it changed to some parts as well then it became 3 frames and some chromag bling. in the end we got 3 frames and parts off them and got a discount and some FREEBIES now thats the magic word freebies....

so the lession and moral of this long drawn out story is it's cheaper over the pond in canada to buy canadian made stuff and if you dont ask you dont get.

thanks mr penguin it not a colour i would normaly go for but it just drew me in and it's definatley rare.. and the name rootbeer definatley sounds better than copper. cause thats what it look like...
  • jay12
    delcol wrote:
    jay12 wrote:
    see young jay,, lesson in life for you here.. in the ripoff uk yes it is. now ibeen lucky enough to be going to whistler for the last 4 years twice a year (begining and end of season) lesson time... i quickly noticed that stuff made that side of the pond was cheaper ie chromag.. so when we heard that the factory was up the road in whistler (function junction) and it had a shop we paid them a visit..
    a few hundred pound/dollars later we had new shiney chromag bits. and had been talking to the owner ian ritz.

fast forward 18 months and we find ourselfs in whistler again, going to the chromag shop to see if we can get some replacment bolts for the stems.. we had another friend with us who was toying with the idea of getting a chromag frame..

we go into shop and straight way he ian and julian remember us.. so being a staright speaking northerner and one for a bargin i asked ian if sam and my brother both buy a frame could we get a discount, then it changed to some parts as well then it became 3 frames and some chromag bling. in the end we got 3 frames and parts off them and got a discount and some FREEBIES now thats the magic word freebies....

so the lession and moral of this long drawn out story is it's cheaper over the pond in canada to buy canadian made stuff and if you dont ask you dont get.

thanks mr penguin it not a colour i would normaly go for but it just drew me in and it's definatley rare.. and the name rootbeer definatley sounds better than copper. cause thats what it look like...
    i knew that already :wink: . i could go to the factory and buy some chromag stuff but flights to canada are not exactly cheap...
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    the raceguard on the root beer one is VERY low...
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • delcol
    Lewis A wrote:
    the raceguard on the root beer one is VERY low...
    the forks are talas 36 rc2 they in the 100mm setting there (as the bike had just come out of the van and been cleaned the bike fits in easier if they at 100mm) and the rear crud guard was off my old rocky mountain vertex it is a long. i now got the new redesingned race guard which has a lot shorter bracket so i can now drop the seat as low as it will go....

being such a young whipper snapper you would get childs fair so cheaper than us old gits....
  • Lewis A
    ah cool! must not let anything past! any1 know where to get a new bracket for the raceguard? mines knackered!
  • Lewis A
    thanks! ill take a look!
  • delcol
    time to upgrade my trusty chromag,, father christmass got me a shimano xtr rear mech and shifters,, then i found a sillyillyliillleeyy cheap truvativ noir crank on sale and could not say no.. also had a pair of superstar pedals going spare off the demo (sold it :shock: :(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry: ) so put them on it and a bash ring. oh and a new sram cassette and kmc chain...
    did have a chain device but could not get it to fit..
    still running the hope bb with hope gxp convertor..

IMG_3165.jpg
    IMG_3166.jpg
    IMG_3167.jpg
    IMG_3168.jpg
    IMG_3169.jpg
    IMG_3170.jpg
    IMG_3171.jpg

new grip will be ordered soon maybe superstar ones to get matching purple ends and lock on clamps..

want new forks but will have to wait mony even tighter now after buying the crank cassette and chain and bash ring..
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Phwoar, now that's a tidy bike! Not a huge fan of the colour combo/fork (actually i prefer the black one outright), but I can definitely appreciate the long travel Chromag hardtail. Tasty!

What other bikes do you ride by the way? You seem like a man of taste.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • delcol
    thanks,,,
    like i mention in an earlier post was mega limmited on colour choice as we needed to take the frames there and then and ian @ chromag only had limmited choice in stock.. our kid who bought them got dibs on the blk and i did not like the orange one but something drew me in on the root beer one..
    i want to replace the fork but still being unemployed and a family man could never justify that expense,, as soon as i get a job i will replace the fork asap...

other bikes in the collection.
    knolly delirum t
    santa cruz butcher
    did have a spesh demo 7 but just sold it afew weeks ago to get some cash.
    and a shhhhhh urm scott speedster s60 roadbike.

had previous
    santacruz chameleon
    pace rc 305
    santacruz heckler
    rockymountain slayer 70
    rockymountain vertex 10
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Ahhh fair enough! Really like the look of those santa cruz butchers :) Got any group photos?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    root beer all the way, though there both bang tidy, its like looking at a parts pick wish list, very nice :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • delcol
    again thanks..

no group photos i do have pics of bikes will have to go trawling through all my pic to find them though..