iPhone + Strava + Cadence Comp = ?

charliew87
charliew87 Posts: 371
edited December 2011 in Road beginners
Hi all

I currently use 2 iphone apps when cycling.
- Bike Tracks: gives the best way to review a cycle on the phone in terms of elevation & speed and then look at the google earth version of the ride on the computer afterwards.
- Strava: love the competitive side of it.

I just turn them both on then lock my phone, put it in my pocket and let them run.

Anyway, I'm looking at getting a bike computer to track cadence and keep an eye on my speed when Im out on a ride.

Are there any cycle computers which are compatible with iphones & strava so my cadence info would go straight to strava, or are they for Garmins only?

Any tips on cycle computers in general?
cheers
Canyon AL Ultimate 9.0

Comments

• I have just started using the Wahoo Fitness cycling kit - a bar mounted waterproof case with an integral dongle that wirelessly links to the speed / cadence sensor that is also supplied. I've since bought a Garmin heart rate monitor that also connects wirelessly through ANT+ . It will also work with ANT+ power meters. The whole set up was about £130.00 which is about the same as an entry level Garmin - but this doesn't have a HRM included IIRC and only has very basic nav.

You can link directly through to Strava / Runkeeper and a few other apps to collect and look at the data you are gathering.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/wahoo-fitness-iphone-cycling-computer-30739

In my limited use of it so far it's been spot on.
    BMC SLC01 Cosmic Carbones
    Giant TCR2 Composite
    98 GT Zaskar LE
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/170436
  • Have you looked at Cyclemeter? I use it with the Wahoo case & sp/ca sensor and it does everything I want including good use of gps, competing with previous rides, regular audio updates (one earpiece in) for speed/cad/dist etc so don't have to keep looking down or changing screens from the map. It will work with ant+ hr monitor but not sure about power meter. Plan routes on ridewithgps.com and upload via email.