Is deliberately scaring a cyclist illegal.

brianonyx
brianonyx Posts: 170
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
Have a look at about 4:27 in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGOVJWoyZu0

It was posted on a Lotus forum. I think it could be driving without due care an attention.

Very brave of them.

Comments

• hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    What a disappointing video. I was waiting for the bit where they all crashed into each other and died.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Drivers have been prosecuted from videos like this, the one of a guy doing 150mph+ in his Ferrari and the cops traced his car via the serial number on his speedo! I am quite partial to wee bitty fast driving myself, but booting something like that Audi R8 so close to the guy on the bike is not funny, although there is little chance he did not know they were there already.
  • Yes it is.
  • Is there an easy way to report it?
  • Yes it is.

Since when?
  • Yes it is.

Since when?

Since 'Driving without due consideration' was put on the statute books.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Yes it is.

Shades of the infamous incident with Z-list TV chef James Martin?

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • chiark
    chiark Posts: 335
    It's just a couple of lads giving it some bravado in the video. Stupid? Yes. A crime? Hardly. The cyclist probably wasn't scared... they seemed to give him plenty of room... Their Audi just made a bit of a noise. Oh very well done boys :)

The video uploader is called theSUPERCARDRIVER. Don't mess, he DRIVES SUPERCARS. Sheesh...

I daresay the Daily Mail would be incensed some way or another. ;) . Probably a house price, cancer, miracle cure or immigrant link somewhere in there :D

But it's really nothing that despicable, is it?
    150mph+ in his Ferrari and the cops traced his car via the serial number on his speedo
    I've never seen a serial number on a speedo - or even on a dash - of a Ferrari. Could you provide a link, please, as I'm intrigued?
    Synapse Alloy 105 / Rock Lobster Tig Team Sl
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    chiark wrote:
    150mph+ in his Ferrari and the cops traced his car via the serial number on his speedo
    I've never seen a serial number on a speedo - or even on a dash - of a Ferrari. Could you provide a link, please, as I'm intrigued?

SORRY - excuse me! are you actually on here "Cake Stop" and demanding that someone validate and substantiate their posts? Something they read in the paper 7 years ago.. get yourself over to the commuting forum man!

right where's my helicopter keys...I'm off to scare some hangliders..
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'm sure I read stories of a motorcyclist filming himself speeding and uploading to Youtube. He got busted. I guess the police just worked it out from his email or something..

Here ya go - I googled the biker.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be ... s-15572769
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Either way, he must hung like a donkey.

Oh, wait...
  • brianonyx - get a life.
  • cougie wrote:
    I'm sure I read stories of a motorcyclist filming himself speeding and uploading to Youtube. He got busted. I guess the police just worked it out from his email or something..

Here ya go - I googled the biker.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be ... s-15572769
    There was a guy done in East Lothian four years ago in exactly the same circumstances, filmed himself doing 170 on the Longniddry road, posted it to YouTube (might have been the Scottish version, You Ya Tube :lol: ) couple of days later he got a knock on the door from plod and was eventually banned from driving
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!