Setting up a TT

josame
josame Posts: 1,162
Has anyone had any experience of setting up a one off Charity TT?

I'm looking to organise a 10 without road closures
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    Follow this link to a time trialling webste that will be able to help
    http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ind ... opic=25644
  • josame
    cadseen wrote:
    Did you want to organise it under CTT rules ?

No - we want it to be an informal affair - ie the results aren't going to be recognised beyond the event - we will have a charity cup etc but that is all
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • josame
    Dru wrote:
    Follow this link to a time trialling webste that will be able to help
    http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ind ... opic=25644

Thanks Dru
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Still might be an idea to visit the CTT website, as you will need to inform the police of the event, I think you need to let them know at least 6 weeks prior to the event. If you don't do this you should ask for permission.

You say it is an informal affair, if it is just between mates for example, I doubt you would need to worry, but anything other than this I would follow the law, and the Department of Transport guidelines.
  • josame
    SBezza wrote:
    Still might be an idea to visit the CTT website, as you will need to inform the police of the event, I think you need to let them know at least 6 weeks prior to the event. If you don't do this you should ask for permission.

You say it is an informal affair, if it is just between mates for example, I doubt you would need to worry, but anything other than this I would follow the law, and the Department of Transport guidelines.

Thanks, yep I will use the DoT & CTT info and let police know
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Bear in mind that one of the advantages of running an event under CTT regs is that you will have insurance cover. If you do your own thing you'll need to sort out your own - but perhaps you've already thought of this?

Ruth
  • josame
    ___