My new ride

Trev Magill
Trev Magill Posts: 23
edited August 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all. This is my new ride. A 2011 SPECIALIZED CAMBER FSR EXPERT on 26'' rims :D and its the replacment for for my stolen 2009 MARIN WOLFRIDGE 6.7 :evil:
Dirty weakends are the best. (mountain bikes forever)
L2 Mountain biking leader & Coach.
(Mongoose Salvo Sport)

Comments

• Where are the pictures?

Also, what's a "Specelized"?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToTxCurLqDQW_aOs3teBZbaCJBB9vxoPejJxz1iEKpMEHivNg4Jovnjasv7Q
  • Having problems loading pics of the bikes.
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    upload them to photobucket or similar, stick the URL of the image between
    [img][/img]

tags, sorted
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • :( I have sold this bike as I have not used it that much since I got it. It was a bike that should be used on a regular basis so it has gone :(.

I have down graded to a project bike (mongoose salvo sport).
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)
  • Jimx26
    Jimx26 Posts: 147
    Guess we won't get to see any pics then...
  • Trev Magill
    Trev Magill Posts: 23
    edited July 2012
    This is the Mongoose Salvo sport that I now have as a project.

[img7593396408_37e4ae4f7f_z.jpg
    Mongoose Salvo Sport by Trev Magill, on Flickr][/img]
    The bike so far has:-

Fox vanilla forks (140mm travel),
    Suntour epicon shock,
    Mongoose salvo sport frame (95mm-120mm travel),
    Avid juicy seven brakes,
    Sram X9 Shifters,
    Sram X4 rear mech,
    Sun Ringle Hubs,
    ZTR Olympic rims,
    Slim inner tubes,

I still have more kit to get for it yet but that will be later on this year. So far it has cost less than the price of the Salvo elite. around £300 less...
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)
  • I have just worked out how to post photos.
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)
  • [img][/img]7617807558_c77e159f4b_z.jpg
    mongoose salvo dirty by Trev Magill, on Flickr

This was the first test after the upgrades. She is a little bit heavy but thats somthing that I can work on in the future.
    She worked well over the 26 mile ride, but it is ashame that my body didn't. It was a lickout.....
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    At last someone else with a mong(oose) have you changed the travel on the rear yet ?. You've changed from the "spring" rear to an air shock tho if it's the "sport" looks more like the "comp" version now, but with better forks up front. :wink:
  • You will find that my sport is at higher spec than the Elite. To change the rear travel on the bike would require some fabrication to the top swivel arm' but thats something that I am not to botherd about. By increasing the fork travel it has made the bike more stable on the desents, and fitting the suntour epicon rear shock with lock out has made it easier to do the up hills as well. :):) Having the 9 speed on the back helps with hte flat parts, and the avid 7 breaks help with the stopping bit. :):)
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    castlelad wrote:
    At last someone else with a mong(oose) have you changed the travel on the rear yet ?.
    You will find that my sport is at higher spec than the Elite. To change the rear travel on the bike would require some fabrication to the top swivel arm'
    i think he was referring to this, taken from the bikeradar review of the salvo sport "The rocker link pivots have pop-on rubber caps to cover the bearings and the whole back end is admirably stiff. That’s despite a slot in the rocker to let you slide the quick-release lever secured seatstays from a 95 to 120mm (3.7 to 4.7in) travel position without altering geometry. Forged seatstay and chainstay bridges give plenty of tyre space.

" didn't you know it could do that, the linkage is plainly visible in your pic :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    chez_m356 wrote:
    castlelad wrote:
    At last someone else with a mong(oose) have you changed the travel on the rear yet ?.
    You will find that my sport is at higher spec than the Elite. To change the rear travel on the bike would require some fabrication to the top swivel arm'
    i think he was referring to this, taken from the bikeradar review of the salvo sport "The rocker link pivots have pop-on rubber caps to cover the bearings and the whole back end is admirably stiff. That’s despite a slot in the rocker to let you slide the quick-release lever secured seatstays from a 95 to 120mm (3.7 to 4.7in) travel position without altering geometry. Forged seatstay and chainstay bridges give plenty of tyre space.

" didn't you know it could do that, the linkage is plainly visible in your pic :wink:

Looks like it is already set at 120 though
  • What I was on about is to change the rear from the 95/120mm up to 140mm travel to bring in line with the fox forks.
    Doing this will require some fabrication :wink:
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    What I was on about is to change the rear from the 95/120mm up to 140mm travel to bring in line with the fox forks.
    Doing this will require some fabrication :wink:

I wouldnt try this! You are very likely to weaken the rocker link or ruin the suspension performance
  • castlelad wrote:
    At last someone else with a mong(oose) have you changed the travel on the rear yet ?. :wink:
    You will find that my sport is at higher spec than the Elite. To change the rear travel on the bike would require some fabrication to the top swivel arm' but thats something that I am not to botherd about.
    I am not going to do this as the bike is more stable for the down hill sections of the ride as it has 140mm travel up front.
    It's not by a lot but it is enough to do the job. :)
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    castlelad wrote:
    At last someone else with a mong(oose) have you changed the travel on the rear yet ?. :wink:
    You will find that my sport is at higher spec than the Elite. To change the rear travel on the bike would require some fabrication to the top swivel arm' but thats something that I am not to botherd about.
    I am not going to do this as the bike is more stable for the down hill sections of the ride as it has 140mm travel up front.
    It's not by a lot but it is enough to do the job. :)
    to be fair, i think "castlelad" was asking if you had played with adjustinging the travel between 95/120, not altering it to something different, if you look at his post again, he has a salvo
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Yeah read you post trev lol
    Cannondale RZ 140 (WIP) (24.35lbs ) full suspension
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12860378