Wiggle and Focus

bontie
bontie Posts: 177
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
So the Focus Izalco frame in classifieds had me thinking. They are quality frames and I have always quite liked them. I went onto wiggle's site but found none of the 2012 bikes. Other google searches led me to other sites, which did not online deliveries of Focus bikes, collection in store only.

Has wiggle and Focus severed ties?

Comments

• eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Yep Wiggle are no longer a Focus dealer from what I heard. As i understand it Focus messed up when they did the original deal with Wiggle as they thought they were a distributer not an internet retailer. Regardless if you want a Focus now you'll have to go to your LBS.
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    Ta, That clarifies. I think both parties are going to regret this...
  • bontie wrote:
    Ta, That clarifies. I think both parties are going to regret this...

I'd guess its a much smaller % of Wiggles turnover.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I thought this thread would be about photography while dancing and it was nothing of the kind. I blame Wiggle
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I didnt know Raleigh were part of the same group as Focus !

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/focus- ... gle/011552
  • eh wrote:
    Yep Wiggle are no longer a Focus dealer from what I heard. As i understand it Focus messed up when they did the original deal with Wiggle as they thought they were a distributer not an internet retailer. Regardless if you want a Focus now you'll have to go to your LBS.

Are Focus admitting that they were in the wrong here, or have they gone down the inevitable "b***e W****e" route? ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal