2011 spesh rockhopper

hillbilly1
hillbilly1 Posts: 13
edited January 2012 in MTB general
Anyone else finding the new style rockhopper frame(2011) feels lethargic compared to the earlier frame(2008)?? and i also seem to be getting more pedal strikes than ever b4. Surely its not just me??

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What do you mean by lethargic? Sure you aren't just getting old?!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It's just you.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Maybe it's because it's a rockhopper, and just because it's new your expect a world cup XC bike, and then being let down?

Either way, it's you.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Dont know about the 2008 geometry, but the 09 compared to the 11/12 models is same angles and actually 1mm higher on the BB (probably because of different tyres).... So I wouldnt expect any different. If it cost the same amount in £s then I would expect the 08 model to be significantly more sprightly than a new one.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    i would say its got more to do with the spec of the bike rather than the frame,as each new model comes out year by year,you seem to be paying more and getting less spec for your money,especially in the fork department
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Maybe it's because it's a rockhopper, and just because it's new your expect a world cup XC bike, and then being let down?

Either way, it's you.
    I'm not expecting a world cup xc bike just want it to be as good as my old frame at least
  • cooldad wrote:
    It's just you.
    apparently not
  • chez_m356 wrote:
    i would say its got more to do with the spec of the bike rather than the frame,as each new model comes out year by year,you seem to be paying more and getting less spec for your money,especially in the fork department
    the spec is exactly the same as its just the frame that was replaced
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    In what way does it feel lethargic, I don't understand what you mean.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    hillbilly1 wrote:
    chez_m356 wrote:
    the spec is exactly the same as its just the frame that was replaced
    apologies read what you said wrong, didn't realise you had just changed frames not bikes :)
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • dhutch
    dhutch Posts: 343
    Elephant.