Anyone had a full-suss Marin Stolen? Swindon/nearby

thegiantbiker
thegiantbiker Posts: 212
edited November 2011 in MTB general
Earlier in town saw some chavvy guy riding a nice-looking full-suss Marin down some stairs by the Fleming way bus stops.

Struck me that someone with a job well-paying enough to afford one of those would have more sense than to keep doing that when he already nearly took someone out.

Bike was a black full-suss all-mountain style frame, fork looked 160mm or so (I think grey, can't remember that well) and had a red seat clamp, probably hope.
Big guy; small air!

Comments

• Hey check this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=10040&t=12809874&p=17309225#p17309225, he has had his Marin stolen from bristol; black, grey forks etc.......
  • Thanks for that. Not sure if the frame I saw was newer or not, but I'm sure the original owner could pass the information onto the police.

They're not that common, so I'm sure the police could check a few frame numbers.
    Big guy; small air!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    So he can tell the police that a chavvy person in Swindon may or may not have been riding a bike that may or may not have been stolen in Bristol?
    Way to go Columbo.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • As this chav was being a bell end on the bike, it may have been picked up by the police?
  • mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    My bike was stolen today in Bolton.

A Forme Rage so not common. My snobby mates slate it but it goes where their bikes go, sometimes faster... I would like it back but i think i have a good excuse for an upgrade now.

Its a shit feeling when you realise your bike isn't where it should be.
    Papa? Nicole