Lovely Cuppa on Snowdonia route!!!!

GER 67
GER 67 Posts: 54
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
Just been on a circular route today, in my lovely back garden- Snowdonia-. started from Cwm y Glo village,up the hill towards Deiniolen, down to Pentir rounabout, Through Tregarth, came out at the other side of Bethesda,up towards Llyn(lake) Ogwen to Capel Curig, were i found the Pinnacle Pursuits Cafe,there is a rack to park your bike right outside the caff's window, fantastic coffee and a big slice of flapjack, they have all sort of flapjacks on show ' lovely'!! Fueled up and away, along Dyffryn Mymbyr towards Llanberis pass,here the adrenalin rush comes in, down this pass!! :D AMAZING!!! to the village of Llanberis and back to the start- Cwm y Glo. 31 miles of heaven!! Lucky me!!
Kuota

Comments

• My favourite welsh place is Pant - y - Niff.

That does sound an awesome ride - i can just picture it in the low autumn sun. Jealous I am.

They're doing a sportive roundabouts that way next year - it includes the llanberis pass - and one my fave holiday destinations betws y coed and capel curig.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I'm still lazing around the house but you just kicked some inspiration into me.

I'm off to do the Snowdon route and find that cafe! :D
  • GER 67
    It is an awesome ride, with steady climbs,there were loads of riders out on Saturday, next weekend i'm doing it again, in the opposite direction, up the pass this time!! There should be a route topic on the bikeradar forum,this would deffo be a hit.
    Kuota
  • petemadoc
    I went for a different route in the end. Start from Porthmadog, headed out towards Llan Festiniog then continued on the B4391 towards Bala which has to be one of the best roads in the country, amazing scenery and no cars, then turned at the T juntion back towards Trawsfyndd and them home.

10 mile climb and a 14 mile descent! :shock:

Can't believe it's November

Edit: No fancy cafe for me though, just a flapjack from a garage :roll:
  • GER 67
    Hope this good weather will last a wile,so i won't have bring my winter bike out !!!. I know the route you took today Pete,haven't ridden on it thou,used to do a bit of road rallying along there years ago. I need new routes now,so iv'e just marked it on the o/s map,we live in a fantastic area, spoiled for choice with endless options! CAFE STOP IS A MUST, flapjack from a garage "well well"
    Kuota
  • petemadoc
    Definitely spoilt for choice. Doing the loop around Snowdon is always a favourite, the Cwellyn arms is a cracking pub!

Betws y coed up to Blaenau Ffestinoig through Dolwyddelan is another epic, monster climb at the end, choose your route home after.