I want a helmet made of this.

Wirral_paul
Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
Giro - are you reading this? Please make me a helmet using this stuff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15788735

Comments

• plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Verrry interesting.

Never mind the helmet though, could mtb shocks or shocks put on road bikes by making the forks from this material?

Didn't mention how much it is though.
  • It would be a very small helmet - unless your heads the size of a dandelion.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    It looks a very interesting material and could well be used in the cycling world, however I doubt it would be very cost effective at the moment and for quite a while to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy
  • Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    ... youse guys think small... what about a helmet... nee, and entire bike made of helium atoms held into a cohesive shape by force fields??? That's the ticket... followed by the same tech on quantum strings...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    It looks a very interesting material and could well be used in the cycling world, however I doubt it would be very cost effective at the moment and for quite a while to come!

Better make it sooner rather than later. There are still plenty of middle aged men who have no spending ceiling on BSOs.
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Awesome idea, a helmet that won't flatten my quiff