Trip to Afan Forest or Cwmcarn this Sunday from London

sobol
sobol Posts: 33
edited November 2011 in MTB rides
Hi All,

Me and my mate are driving to Wales this Sunday morning for whole day.
We're leaving from west London and have two more spaces in the car and on the bike rack.

The drive time is around 2h - 2,5h depending which place we drive to.
We want to either do cross country loop in Cwmcarn ( around 22 km loop ) or Skyline singletrack at Afan with a shortcut that bring it to 36 km.

We will be sharing fuel cost though it is very little if divided by three people.
Please call me if you're interested to come on 077 46 350 172 or pm here.

Regards,
SoboL

ps. I ride all montain and my mate will be renting one.
Lapierre Spicy 316 2011, No lockout, 2x9 gears

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    there's only 1 xc trail at cwmcarn mate and it isn't 22km long, more like 15km.

it's a great trail but you'll have it done in an hour and a half.

if i were you coming all that way i'd head to afan :D
  • sobol
    Thanks we did the XC several times. I just thought it was over 20km long.
    I actually read now that is 18km,but there are alternative routes taken not official.
    Since uplift is there and I'm sure there will be free slots to go up we could do it more then once.
    It's fun compare to what we get around London. We're also not so fit so could take as longer then 1,5h.

Though main goal of this post it to get companionship. The more the merrier.
    welshkev wrote:
    there's only 1 xc trail at cwmcarn mate and it isn't 22km long, more like 15km.

it's a great trail but you'll have it done in an hour and a half.

if i were you coming all that way i'd head to afan :D
  • welshkev
    ah got you, take a look in the south wales rides section and maybe drop a post in there, also there's a local mtb club that quite a few of the lads ride with - www.halfwayupmtb.com :-)
  • sobol
    Thank for the tip, I've posted there now. Though there is little feedback.
    I guess we're bit too late with this and there aren't too many spontaneous guys around :)
    welshkev wrote:
    ah got you, take a look in the south wales rides section and maybe drop a post in there, also there's a local mtb club that quite a few of the lads ride with - http://www.halfwayupmtb.com :-)
  • welshkev
    i think a lot of the guys have arranged a ride already, it's usually pre arranged. i will be at cwmcarn but i'm gonna ride over the mountain from my house and then onto work - i'll be leaving my house at 7.30am, probably the same time you're leaving london :-)
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    The Twrch Trail at Cwmcarn is 12.5k

Most of the people on here who would have joined you (myself included) are hitting Afan for a club ride Sunday...so just bad timing.
  • sobol
    We have went to Afan. We did The Wall 1,5 times, after some major problems with my bike ( i've lost qr fixing bolt in my car ).
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    The Twrch Trail at Cwmcarn is 12.5k

Most of the people on here who would have joined you (myself included) are hitting Afan for a club ride Sunday...so just bad timing.
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk Kev :)
    we have a club meet at afan this Sunday, will be at least 20 i would think, finalising times and routes later tonight.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003