Cav on Soccer AM tomorrow

Stewie Griffin
Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
http://www.skysports.com/socceram/story ... 37,00.html

"Taking a seat next to the West Brom man will be one of the fastest men on two wheels; Mark Cavendish!

Team Sky's latest recruit began life as a track cyclist but has excelled since moving onto the road in 2006, where he has rose to prominence as a sprinter.

His debut season was the most successful professional debut in European road racing history, claiming 11 wins as well as the prestigious points jersey in five major races.

Following his incredible debut the 26-year-old notched up 15 Tour de France stages wins between 2008 and 2010 and victory in one of the great monuments, the Milan San-Remo.

On the track he has been both World and Commonwealth Games Champion, while he also currently holds the title of 2011 Road World Champion.

One of the brightest stars in world sport, he'll be giving Helen and Max a greater insight into one the fastest growing sports in the world and, of course, we'll be squeezing in a bit of chat about football, too! "

Terrible show but I will have to at least flick to and from it.

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    What was it like then?
  • Scharner was charasmatic

http://bit.ly/t3QWRw
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I missed it, might try and catch the best of show.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ....they have absolutely no idea who he is do they?!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Debut season? Their researchers got that a bit wrong, didn't they?
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    That was quite a good interview as far as Cav went, he seems to have a good sense of humour although the interviewers were not overly well informed about cycling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    The researchers obviously know diddly squat about cycling. The interviewers failed to pick up on Cav's quip about 'diving',
    when they asked him if he fell off his bike a lot.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Can't believe this programme is still on TV. It was crap when I used to watch it 15 years ago and I bet they still do the same jokes every week!