Alpe d'huez

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
Who has done this and what was your time?rider weight? age?
I rode this back in june with a group from my cycling club.
I am more of a sprinter than a climber weighing in at 12 7lb
so not built for hills,but my time was 1hour 10mins and i am 50 years old.

Some of the lighter riders were a little quicker.
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    In my late 40's I managed 65 mins but I have seen it done in around 50 mins. My partner did it on her first attempt in 90 mins having done the Galibier earlier in the day. It was her first trip to the Alps
    M.Rushton
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Did it on April 1st, so not exactly at my fittest (at least 3kg over the top), did 2 ascents so didnt go crazy, but did the first in 1hr24 which i was happy with. 29yrs old, 84kg.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Female 59kg, 1hr 26min, age 39 . That was to the TdF finish line on Ave Rif Nel.
  • 34, 147lb first year cycling and 52:26. That was to the main finish banner and not to the TDF finish by the way.
    I was third of my group of mates and we did it as a TT so only a flat warm up then ride up it.
  • i did it in about 56 mins right to the top last year when i was 21 and about 63 kgs, made the mistake of doing it mid day when it was about 28degrees,
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Timing sheet on the Marmotte says 1hr 11 mins in July,to the TdF finish,aged 55 and 75K-happy days. :wink:
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • I did it in 56 minutes. I was 29 (still am). It was reasonably cold and wet (bloody July though!!!). I'm 5'11" and 10st 8.

Was really pleased to get under the hour.