Cinelli Experience?

wilkij1975
wilkij1975 Posts: 532
edited November 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi all

I am thinking of buying a Cinelli Experience frame to replace my CAAD8. I was just wondering if anyone had any 'experience' of them or the brand in general?

Comments

• I've ridden Cinelli track bikes and fixed gears (Vigorelli and MASH, respectively) and imo they were both outstanding frames for what they were built for. Not much help I realise, but from my extremely limited experience I'd say you can't go wrong with an alloy Cinelli.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,856
    I have a 2010 (Campag Veloce) one and very happy with it - used for commuting and winter riding. It's a really enjoyable ride, very stable and yet lively and fits me great. Occasionally feels a bit harsh but no more so than a CAAD. Finish has been hardwearing and it's given me no problems. I've really liked using the Campag groupset also.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    edited November 2011
    I recently picked up a 2010 model too, but upgraded to Athena and with Campag Vento wheels. It's also acting as my winter bike at the moment. I totally agree with FleshTuxedo, it's lots of fun to ride! It's not a lightweight, but I used to have a Specialized Allez Sport alu/carbon and IMO the Cinelli is much better on the road. I think the new 2011/12 models are at least a couple of hundred grammes lighter.

Other plus points are the fact that it comes from a top marque and a company with a real flair for design. I'm sure Cycling+ put the Experience in its top sub £1k bikes this year.
  • http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/tech/bikes/128845/2/1000-bike-grouptest.html

Not ridden one personally but I did remember reading the above. Hope it helps.